Viewing 15 posts - 20,221 through 20,235 (of 59,098 total)
Congratulations, Alan and family!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 29, 2015 at 10:18 pm
xsevensinzx (6/28/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 29, 2015 at 9:10 pm
I wasn't going to post on this thread because the term DBA has become so diluted by idiocy and incompetence that the term "DBA" has almost become an insulting term...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 29, 2015 at 8:29 pm
Database admin(DBA) (6/29/2015)
how to allocatte the file sizes.still im not sure how many log files needs...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 29, 2015 at 7:17 pm
Despite the good code that has shown up on this thread and to add to the questions that Sean and Maggo have asked, I'm not sure that the definition of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 29, 2015 at 7:08 pm
Thanks for dropping by, Paul.
While I absolutely agree that (especially with a RBAR-like rCTE that counts) single rows are processed through the Table Spool in this case, a logical read...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 28, 2015 at 11:53 pm
Still, it's a handy idea even if it is 6 years later.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 28, 2015 at 8:13 pm
Jeff Moden (6/28/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 28, 2015 at 12:55 pm
Ok. I've decided to get to the bottom of this once and for all. I've posted the following on the MVP email site. We'll see what happens...
According...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 28, 2015 at 12:11 pm
Even with that fine hypothesis, it's not conclusive proof that the table spool is being read one row at a time for each row or one page at a time...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 28, 2015 at 11:14 am
I'm still working on it. Everything I come up with has had a hole in it.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 27, 2015 at 10:28 pm
Ok... Chris' code on the subject of logical reads gave me an idea for different code to prove it to myself (which is no easy task). Early findings support...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 27, 2015 at 9:09 am
ChrisM@Work (6/26/2015)
Jeff Moden (6/26/2015)
Ed Pollack (6/26/2015)
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms184361.aspx
If their documentation is wrong, then I'd definitely like to see some sort of proof of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 27, 2015 at 7:57 am
GilaMonster (6/26/2015)
This industry is way too small and way too polarised to intentionally make more enemies.
Best comment on this whole thread!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 26, 2015 at 5:48 pm
Steve Smith-307669 (6/26/2015)
"Have a nice life!"
For some reason, to me, that's dripping with sarcasm. I'd never say such a thing on an exit.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 26, 2015 at 5:47 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 20,221 through 20,235 (of 59,098 total)