Viewing 15 posts - 19,891 through 19,905 (of 59,098 total)
There's something else going on here. Here's the error that I get.
Msg 4866, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
The bulk load failed. [font="Arial Black"]The column is too long in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 16, 2015 at 8:28 am
KGJ-Dev (8/15/2015)
Thank you
yes, the end of character will be CRLF (carriage return line feed). also i tried with second option which was mentioned in my samplescripts attachment in my...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 16, 2015 at 8:20 am
Gosh, I'd be real careful here, Eirikur. While your good code certainly does what was asked, it will fail if table SampleData2 is ever correctly used for its apparent...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 16, 2015 at 7:53 am
KGJ-Dev (8/15/2015)
Please find the attached file for the reference and please let me know if i need to provide any additional info.thank you for your precious time.
Heh... that's also generated...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 15, 2015 at 11:21 pm
That's good but I really need the 5 lines from the file so that I can tell what the actual end of line character is.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 15, 2015 at 9:28 pm
Yes. And I'm going to do this in a manner that no one else might because the queries end up being nasty fast and it prepares your data for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 15, 2015 at 3:39 pm
peterausger (8/15/2015)
can some one here please help me?
Help is on the way. I need about another half hour or so to finish my answer.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 15, 2015 at 2:45 pm
SQL-DBA-01 (8/14/2015)
Guys, any update? Advise? Thoughts? Suggestion(s)?
Yes. Don't do CPU utilization alerts through SQL Server. Do them through Windows Server.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 15, 2015 at 11:00 am
From the article:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 15, 2015 at 10:45 am
KGJ-Dev (8/14/2015)
Thanks for your response and really it's helpful. I did try with Bulk insert and it's very fast.unbelievable. it just took 6 seconds for half million records. So...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 15, 2015 at 9:16 am
srivastavanitesh16 (8/15/2015)
best article on daily task :):-)
Lets see what happens next...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 15, 2015 at 7:12 am
g.britton (8/15/2015)
On topic but slightly different subject, what is the purpose for having 548 MAX columns? Not a challenge, Gerald... just curious.
wish I knew! I've been asked to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 15, 2015 at 7:07 am
On topic but slightly different subject, what is the purpose for having 548 MAX columns? Not a challenge, Gerald... just curious.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 14, 2015 at 9:28 pm
The good part about it is that all hardware has had to become bigger, faster, and cheaper to be able to handle even just the tag bloat never mind the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 14, 2015 at 7:01 pm
Heh... I thought it might be a little more complicated than what your first post suggested.
For these types of things, I don't use SSIS but you might want to because...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 14, 2015 at 6:40 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 19,891 through 19,905 (of 59,098 total)