Viewing 15 posts - 19,756 through 19,770 (of 59,098 total)
Ola's stuff takes care of backups auto-magically and could easily be made to exclude the system databases. My question is, why even bother? The databases aren't big, take...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 27, 2015 at 7:10 pm
Let's hope that you never have someone that punches in one day and punches out the next day, like someone on a 3rd shift might.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 27, 2015 at 6:51 pm
OOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!! I GET IT!!! 😉 Now I know why the OP hasn't responded! He doesn't really need help. It was a ploy for him to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 27, 2015 at 4:35 pm
Favorite name for a Temp Table when troubleshooting something that should never have made it to production...
[font="Arial Black"]#MyHead[/font]
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 27, 2015 at 4:27 pm
sdownen05 (8/27/2015)
Thanks for the tips. Two things. Right now, our data set is small enough that the performance hit will be negligible; however it is expected to increase, so I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 27, 2015 at 4:24 pm
GilaMonster (8/27/2015)
Jeff Moden (8/27/2015)
JaybeeSQL (8/27/2015)
GilaMonster (8/27/2015)
JaybeeSQL (8/27/2015)
Should the system databases be best moved in any particular order?
To be honest, other than TempDB, I'd probably leave the others alone for now....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 27, 2015 at 8:01 am
robert.chipperfield (8/27/2015)
Engineers isolated the issue to an aggregation router that was experiencing connectivity issues. The aggregation router was recabled, resolving the networking...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 27, 2015 at 7:58 am
JaybeeSQL (8/27/2015)
GilaMonster (8/26/2015)
Firstly, you don't want to move the binaries, as that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 27, 2015 at 7:49 am
GilaMonster (8/27/2015)
JaybeeSQL (8/27/2015)
Should the system databases be best moved in any particular order?
To be honest, other than TempDB, I'd probably leave the others alone for now. Moving master is not...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 27, 2015 at 7:48 am
JaybeeSQL (8/27/2015)
GilaMonster (8/27/2015)
JaybeeSQL (8/27/2015)
Should the system databases be best moved in any particular order?
To be honest, other than TempDB, I'd probably leave the others alone for now. Moving master is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 27, 2015 at 7:47 am
sdownen05 (8/27/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 27, 2015 at 7:43 am
TomThomson (8/25/2015)
Back in the early SQL 2000 days I wanted to send HTML-formatted reports from SQL Server; DB_SENDMAIL was the first...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 27, 2015 at 7:36 am
Heh... good grief. Between 20 and 60 seconds between every click now (10:30PM EDST). This is brutal. I sure hope you good folks can get to the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 26, 2015 at 8:33 pm
I found the code I was looking for and, unfortunately, it solves for a problem quite different that I thought I remembered and doesn't come close to solving this problem.
However,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 26, 2015 at 8:27 pm
craig.bobchin (8/26/2015)
Jeff Moden (8/26/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 26, 2015 at 7:37 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 19,756 through 19,770 (of 59,098 total)