Viewing 15 posts - 19,171 through 19,185 (of 59,098 total)
Welsh Corgi (11/9/2015)
Jeff Moden (11/9/2015)
Welsh Corgi (11/9/2015)
I have been asked to Partition the tables.
Would I be better off to hold off on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 17, 2015 at 7:34 pm
ricardo_chicas (11/9/2015)
ThanksI will do something similar, add a new file group and move those tables over there
What is the table used for? For example, is it an audit or...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 17, 2015 at 7:17 pm
Gordon Feeney (11/17/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 17, 2015 at 7:11 pm
Disclaimer: I am NOT an SSIS user. I do this type of stuff using T-SQL and I'm not even sure that I know how to even spell "SSIS"....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 17, 2015 at 7:02 pm
yb751 (11/11/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 17, 2015 at 6:25 pm
MadAdmin (11/10/2015)
Favorite Quotes:
"Has anyone ever told you that a query you have written runs too fast?" - Dwain Camps - 6 Mar 2014
Yes.
Because the DB was then able to successfully...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 17, 2015 at 5:32 pm
If it's an AD account, you shouldn't have to do anything with "SQL Credentials" that already exist. If by "SQL Credentials", you mean an SQL Login rather than a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 17, 2015 at 5:29 pm
S_Kumar_S (11/17/2015)
I have a tempdb with 130 GB mdf and 6 GB ldf file size. Now because of PAGEIOLATCH_XX wait types, I have to a make the number of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 17, 2015 at 5:23 pm
keymoo (11/17/2015)
So SERVER1\INSTANCE_A has...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 17, 2015 at 5:19 pm
Hugo Kornelis (11/17/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 17, 2015 at 4:39 pm
Lynn Pettis (11/17/2015)
OMG
Unfortunately, WTC (Way Too Common). Gail has got to be getting tired of suppressing a literal "Dear Stupid" response.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 17, 2015 at 4:34 pm
SQL-DBA-01 (11/17/2015)
I am unable to get the 3rd and 4th occurrence of the "_" using charindex. Can anyone please suggest?
Can bring 1st and 2nd occurence position.
example string:
AB_CD_EF_GH_IJ
SELECT CHARINDEX('_', name) a_First_occurence,
CHARINDEX('_',...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 17, 2015 at 12:20 pm
After some recent experiences, I have to strongly agree with what Donald wrote above.
I have a phone system where the original programmers stored the recorded calls (similar to storing...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 17, 2015 at 8:28 am
SoHelpMeCodd (11/17/2015)
It may be worthwhile to think about a disaster scenario: If the utilities database goes offline, how many databases will be impacted?
Eggsactly (pun intended inferring "all eggs in one...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 17, 2015 at 8:10 am
WayneS (11/17/2015)
Ed Wagner (11/16/2015)
WayneS (11/16/2015)
Lynn Pettis (11/13/2015)
(think government contracted software development).
My scary story when working with the gov't.
Software contract awarded, specified that all data access has to go through stored...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 17, 2015 at 7:54 am
Viewing 15 posts - 19,171 through 19,185 (of 59,098 total)