Viewing 15 posts - 18,931 through 18,945 (of 59,098 total)
Interestingly enough, I think that anyone passing 100K parameters to a stored procedure is 1) doing something wrong or 2) doing something really wrong. 😀 There are lot's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 20, 2015 at 3:01 pm
Adi Cohn-120898 (12/20/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 20, 2015 at 2:43 pm
Absolutely agreed on all points except for #2 (heh... you had to know :-D).
On point #1, I absolutely agree that because the OP wants both the raw data and the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 20, 2015 at 1:45 pm
Ah... never mind, Eirikur. I found Phil's old article. My memory was correct. [font="Arial Black"]IF [/font]you pass the parameters as well formed XML as Phil discovered, you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 20, 2015 at 12:16 pm
Eirikur Eiriksson (12/20/2015)
Jeff Moden (12/20/2015)
Eirikur Eiriksson (12/20/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 20, 2015 at 11:53 am
J Livingston SQL (12/19/2015)
seems you asked a very similar question herehttp://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1515448-392-1.aspx
Ah crud. I wish I had read that and visited that post before spending time explaining on this post....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 20, 2015 at 11:48 am
kiril.lazarov.77 (11/20/2013)
Jeff Moden (11/19/2013)
clayman (11/19/2013)
dastagiri16 (11/19/2013)
hi,i need the text like "TOTAL" ...rollup wont give it...
Please advice
Use SSRS
BWAAAA-HAAAA!!!! Sure it's easy to get to the moon. All you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 20, 2015 at 11:38 am
As a bit of a sidebar, Jason's good code requires two full scans of the underlying table... one for the Detail rows and 1 for the Sub-Total rows. A...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 20, 2015 at 11:23 am
Ok, first, the following is how you should post data for your requests. Yes, I'll admit that your example is quite easy but people (like me) don't like to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 20, 2015 at 11:07 am
Jason A. Long (12/20/2015)
Just because you CAN do something in SQL doesn't mean you SHOULD do it in SQL.
Heh... yeah... so where would you do it? SSRS? Front...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 20, 2015 at 8:53 am
dastagiri16 (12/19/2015)
In my first post I have given sample data..
But not as readily consumable data. In order to demonstrate the answer using code, we'd have to create a table...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 20, 2015 at 8:50 am
I guess I'd have to have a clarification meeting with the customer. I just can't imagine why anyone would want to add a day offset to each month. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 20, 2015 at 8:47 am
I'm not an expert by any means but, IIRC, it's not actually a "Trivial" query. It has a WHERE clause and the optimizer will typically build stats if they...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 20, 2015 at 8:41 am
Any time a file is "shrunk" it does so at the expense of extreme fragmentation because of a lousy "non-Norton" method of doing the shrink that they never let Paul...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 20, 2015 at 8:36 am
xsevensinzx (12/20/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 20, 2015 at 8:22 am
Viewing 15 posts - 18,931 through 18,945 (of 59,098 total)