Viewing 15 posts - 18,706 through 18,720 (of 59,098 total)
Exactly. Thanks for the early morning cover, Graham.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2016 at 5:12 am
erics44 (1/8/2016)
...and would that be considered daft use of a recursive CTE?
Virtually any form of counting or other RBAR, even if it's for a low number of iterations. See...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2016 at 5:08 am
Again, sorry for the delay. I'd lost track of this particular thread.
The code I spoke of is below. Look for the word "TODO" for changes that you'll need...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2016 at 11:01 pm
Rich Mechaber (1/7/2016)
Hi, Jeff, we're all still waiting for this super-duper magical emailing code you allege to have concocted!:rolleyes:
Rich
First, thanks for responding. I had delete a whole bunch of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2016 at 10:42 pm
Hugo Kornelis (1/6/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2016 at 9:49 pm
Alan.B (1/6/2016)
You can't write a recursive CTE with using pre-CTE features.
Technically correct because only an rCTE can be an rCTE but the rather well advertised rave in SQL Server...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2016 at 9:39 pm
Jason A. Long (1/7/2016)
Jeff Moden (1/7/2016)
Jason A. Long (12/24/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2016 at 6:32 pm
Sergiy (1/7/2016)
Jeff Moden (1/7/2016)
That being said, let's please avoid a "Banker's Rounding" discussion on this thread. Thanks guys.Too late, mate.
Sorry. 😛
BWAAA-HAAA!!!! Only 300 or 400 more posts to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2016 at 6:25 pm
Amazing. I think these things are a bit crazy, whether they be shipboard or on airplanes, considering the technology that's been available for a relatively long time now. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2016 at 5:27 pm
Tallboy (1/7/2016)
Jeffs code ran brilliantly until changed my test data and added two appointment rows for the same client with same date and times data but with different StaffID's.
The...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2016 at 5:13 pm
lsalih (1/6/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2016 at 5:03 pm
[font="Arial Black"]{EDIT}[/font] I see that the WebMasters have restored the post I cited below. I left my original post, though.
A member known as "SQL Daddy" posted a very...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2016 at 4:59 pm
SQL!$@w$0ME (1/7/2016)
I'm in the process of initial design of a db and I'm new to this. Should I create separate schemas for db objects or I should keep all...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2016 at 4:52 pm
Heh... so far and without exception, I've found that the hardware is just fine. I have seen just twice where something went wrong (one was changing a router from...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2016 at 4:16 pm
ypeng5 (1/7/2016)
so do I need to do table reorg? when do I need to table reorg?
"It Depends" on a ton of things that are frequently not included in anyone's index...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2016 at 3:51 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 18,706 through 18,720 (of 59,098 total)