Viewing 15 posts - 18,601 through 18,615 (of 59,098 total)
I think it ironic that the same people that are concerned with the "cost savings" of allowing CPUs to "turn down" are frequently the same people that say disk space...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 18, 2016 at 6:15 am
ChrisM@Work (1/18/2016)
VegasL (1/15/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 18, 2016 at 5:37 am
It sounds like your BIGINT idea was a great success and it doesn't sound like you ran into any form of endian problems because of it. Thanks again for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 18, 2016 at 5:26 am
Eirikur Eiriksson (1/17/2016)
Jeff Moden (1/17/2016)
Eirikur Eiriksson (1/17/2016)
thierry.vandurme (1/15/2016)
Btw, I use bigint to store IP4 addresses (less space and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2016 at 1:38 pm
Mr_Q (1/17/2016)
In SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition SP 1, i made a selection from sys.sysprocesses. One of processes is called "SQL Agent - Alert Engine". I need to know IF...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2016 at 1:06 pm
It sounds to me like someone is trying to cover their tracks or is playing around with some method to keep the logs "manageable".
I don't know if log recycling is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2016 at 12:40 pm
Eirikur Eiriksson (1/17/2016)
thierry.vandurme (1/15/2016)
Btw, I use bigint to store IP4 addresses (less space and able to use ORDER...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Ed Wagner (1/15/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2016 at 11:05 am
No pun intended but EXCELlent work, Orlando. Thanks.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2016 at 10:57 am
thierry.vandurme (1/17/2016)
as always appreciate your responses & tips. I was being a bit short-sighted in that the app we use doesn't need the functionality to pick a specific part...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2016 at 9:27 am
From the Article:
However, this doesn't suit some build systems, such as SSDT. It makes the mistake of believing that a build should contain only DDL.
Heh... the faster we go,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2016 at 5:08 pm
Indianrock (1/16/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2016 at 2:42 pm
Orlando Colamatteo (1/16/2016)
Jeff Moden (1/15/2016)
murtzd (12/17/2015)
I'm experiencing a very frustrating issue. I am using the guide below to read a cell value in Excel into a SSIS variable;
http://www.techbrothersit.com/2013/11/ssis-read-excel-cell-value-in-ssis.html
It works...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2016 at 1:09 pm
Indianrock (1/16/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2016 at 12:41 pm
I can't help but think that adding more memory to the system and putting the log files on non-volatile SSDs would be a larger benefit, overall. Also, you might...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2016 at 9:37 am
Viewing 15 posts - 18,601 through 18,615 (of 59,098 total)