Viewing 15 posts - 18,571 through 18,585 (of 59,098 total)
Hugo Kornelis (1/21/2016)
Also, even if you know what data is from dirty pages, you still do not have the full picture. Using read uncommitted can also...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 21, 2016 at 4:01 pm
I'm still interested in why this needs to be done, especially in T-SQL but it would appear the OP has flown the coop.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 20, 2016 at 10:10 pm
To me (programming wise), recursion is nothing more than a loop and has all of the same problems as a loop except there's no explicit loop making it a bit...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 20, 2016 at 6:53 am
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/19/2016)
Jeff Moden (1/15/2016)
What...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 20, 2016 at 6:37 am
robert.sterbal 56890 (1/19/2016)
The spackle articles would do well on a wiki.
You know, that's a great idea. Steve Jones was talking about "exercises" for folks and that would fit the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 20, 2016 at 6:23 am
jasona.work (1/19/2016)
Paintball is getting more and more complicated...I wonder if it'll work with Express or if it needs Enterprise?
I've been outlawed from paint ball forever... I threatened to build a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 19, 2016 at 5:45 pm
natewest (1/19/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 19, 2016 at 5:42 pm
Eirikur Eiriksson (1/19/2016)
Jeff Moden (1/19/2016)
Rodan (1/19/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 19, 2016 at 5:37 pm
Jacob Wilkins (1/19/2016)
Eirikur Eiriksson (1/19/2016)
aaron.reese (1/19/2016)
SSRS is not my natural home 😀 so I was not aware that IIF(x AND y) is a bitwise operation. Maybe I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 19, 2016 at 5:17 pm
Rodan (1/19/2016)
So if Trump is elected in the US – do you think we have to worry about him putting up fences around our foreign keys? :w00t:
Heh... every time I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 19, 2016 at 3:06 pm
Welsh Corgi (1/19/2016)
name rows reserved ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 19, 2016 at 11:54 am
I'll also add that the people that want to do the partitioning for performance are making a big mistake. Partitioning doesn't improve performance in almost every case. Proper...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 19, 2016 at 11:41 am
Welsh Corgi (1/19/2016)
I recommended that we did not partition the table. There is too much risk among other things but someone...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 19, 2016 at 11:38 am
J Livingston SQL (1/19/2016)
deja vuhttp://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1696588-3077-1.aspx
Heh... I thought this looked familiar.
My advice in my previous post stands, though. 🙂
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 19, 2016 at 11:10 am
Welsh Corgi (1/19/2016)
The records in the call table are updated Regularly.Thanks.
So, you're saying that rows for calls placed in 2014 can be updated in 2016? Something is VERY wrong...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 19, 2016 at 11:09 am
Viewing 15 posts - 18,571 through 18,585 (of 59,098 total)