Viewing 15 posts - 17,221 through 17,235 (of 59,098 total)
My question would be... if all of these tables look the same and the only difference is the company that uses them, why use separate tables? You already have...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 20, 2016 at 9:18 pm
wrightyrx7 (7/20/2016)
Just getting to know SQL Server and found information all over Google relating to sending emails via SQL Server.
However, what i would like is a scheduled email that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 20, 2016 at 9:13 pm
Smendle (7/20/2016)
Jeff Moden (3/4/2016)
John Mitchell-245523 (3/4/2016)
REVERSE the string, use SUBSTRING, and then REVERSE it again.John
Got code?
Something like this?
With MyCTE(val)
AS
(
SELECT '9.0.0832.1032' UNION ALL --need to get the 32 (one after 08)....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 20, 2016 at 8:48 pm
Shifting gears a bit, I've recently come across a similar post. Setting trace flag 1118 apparently worked a miracle. I forget about such things because I've had that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 20, 2016 at 8:37 pm
smthembu (7/19/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 20, 2016 at 8:32 pm
Shifting gears, I've found that compression generally causes the queries that we use to be twice as slow. Not worth it for me even for the legacy data, which...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 20, 2016 at 8:25 pm
If you do an explicit DROP INDEX, then yes... it will cycle through a heap stage, which will cause all of the NCIs to rebuild and point at the heap....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 20, 2016 at 8:20 pm
sql-lover (7/20/2016)
GilaMonster (7/20/2016)
sql-lover (7/20/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 20, 2016 at 5:54 pm
sql-lover (7/20/2016)
Initially , I wanted to do this...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 20, 2016 at 12:37 pm
John Mitchell-245523 (7/20/2016)
Jeff Moden (3/4/2016)
John Mitchell-245523 (3/4/2016)
REVERSE the string, use SUBSTRING, and then REVERSE it again.John
Got code?
(Didn't see this response when it was posted.)
No, I haven't. I've suggested to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 20, 2016 at 11:43 am
lsalih (7/19/2016)
You are correct, initially I was trying to print the error message if there was an error. I appreciate correcting me, and I have added throw vs using...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 19, 2016 at 8:23 pm
TheSQLGuru (7/19/2016)
Jeff Moden (7/19/2016)
smthembu (7/19/2016)
@Gail, what else to look for?
Can't speak for Gail but my suggestion would be... a small amount of money to at least quadruple memory or spend...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 19, 2016 at 8:09 pm
smthembu (7/19/2016)
@Gail, what else to look for?
Can't speak for Gail but my suggestion would be... a small amount of money to at least quadruple memory or spend some time fixing...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 19, 2016 at 7:46 pm
CELKO (7/19/2016)
As an aside, the "parameter versus argument"...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 19, 2016 at 7:36 pm
Never mind. Post removed.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 19, 2016 at 7:19 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 17,221 through 17,235 (of 59,098 total)