Viewing 15 posts - 16,801 through 16,815 (of 59,098 total)
mcfarlandparkway (9/20/2016)
I completely agree.This is very horrible code. which was written by old people.Even I wonder after seeing this code..
Santa is w-a-t-c-h-i-n-g! 😉 Us "old people" wouldn't write...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 20, 2016 at 5:40 pm
Also remember that (except for filtered indexes) that every non-clustered index is a complete duplication of all the data in the columns in the index key and any INCLUDEs. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 20, 2016 at 8:48 am
BOR15K (9/20/2016)
Can one advise how to obtain file's details, please? Both xp_dirtree and xp_cmdshell return expected list of files, but I also need their properties: size and date.
Is it possible,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 20, 2016 at 8:21 am
vilyana (9/19/2016)
The ERD and the View columns in the image are exactly what they need to be to illustrate the starting point and desired result...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 20, 2016 at 7:54 am
mister.magoo (9/19/2016)
WITH ALL_A(A) AS(SELECT DISTINCT A FROM #T)
SELECT T.A, CONCATSTRINGB, CONCATSTRINGC
FROM ALL_A AS T
CROSS APPLY (
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 19, 2016 at 9:50 pm
dimpythewimpy (9/19/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 19, 2016 at 5:40 pm
Eirikur Eiriksson (9/19/2016)
Sean Lange (9/19/2016)
Eirikur Eiriksson (9/19/2016)
I'm normally very tolerant when it comes to noobs but this one only leaves me three choises😎
1) deaf
2) daft
3) dumb
I think that is only...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 19, 2016 at 5:31 pm
To be honest, I've yet to run into a supposed 10X programmer that's worth their salt.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 19, 2016 at 5:02 pm
Alan.B (9/19/2016)
DECLARE @time varchar(10) = 24;
SELECT MAX(CONCAT(REPLICATE(0,2-LEN(@time)),@time,'00'))
WHERE @time BETWEEN 0 AND 24;
This returns the time in military...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 19, 2016 at 4:49 pm
Remember that a lot of people don't know what "DBA" is compared to "DBA". 😛 In many cases, I've found that when people ask for a "DBA" as...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 19, 2016 at 4:09 pm
Eirikur Eiriksson (9/19/2016)
I'm writing few pieces on XML operation's performance in SQL Server, both generating the XML, parsing it and operations on it and I'm wondering if anyone has...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 19, 2016 at 1:06 pm
Interesting on both. I'd love to see the trigger code for those.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 19, 2016 at 1:02 pm
More like "people" season. Some people just don't get it. See the following where what someone is doing actually could kill people. I've confirmed Sergiy's findings with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 19, 2016 at 12:43 pm
vilyana (9/19/2016)
Sergiy (9/19/2016)
PatientMedicationCourse must be allocated to PatientTherapyCourse, not directly to PatientTreatment.
Medications prescribed for one Therapy Course must not be mixed with medications for another...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 19, 2016 at 12:37 pm
Stefan LG (9/18/2016)
I have been using it for many years now, without any problems (security or otherwise). I suppose there are...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 19, 2016 at 1:29 am
Viewing 15 posts - 16,801 through 16,815 (of 59,098 total)