Viewing 15 posts - 13,516 through 13,530 (of 22,227 total)
Oooh, that sounds good. When are you putting that session on?
Seriously, thanks. That makes sense. I'll work that in with the edits I'm going to use from Roy's feedback.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 25, 2011 at 8:50 am
Me too. The last one works best. I think Resume still needs to be in the title.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 25, 2011 at 8:48 am
If it will help your tinkering (and you can write an article if you get done first), the approach I was going to take was to use PowerShell to do...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 25, 2011 at 8:46 am
Where's my flipping brain...
Thank you Roy. Feedback is a gift. I appreciate it.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 25, 2011 at 6:48 am
Brutally honest is good.
So, spice it up a bit. OK. I can do that. More from others?
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 25, 2011 at 6:47 am
Koen (da-zero) (1/25/2011)
Grant Fritchey (1/25/2011)
Thanks everybody.And remember, buy Red Gate... kidding, just kidding. Put that rock down.
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1052321-391-1.aspx
Your help is needed, Redgate Man! (insert heroic music here)
:-D:hehe:
Da-Da-Daaa Da-Da-Da
Not sure why they're...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 25, 2011 at 6:43 am
Yes, you should be able to do this from the command line, I've done it before. I'll add this to a list of new articles I'm working on (just started...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 25, 2011 at 6:36 am
Roy Ernest (1/25/2011)
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 25, 2011 at 6:32 am
I know that i have not invented an amazing new mouse trap. If the bits of knowledge that I communicate out there are helping, great. Yes, if you just steal...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 25, 2011 at 6:24 am
Thanks everybody.
And remember, buy Red Gate... kidding, just kidding. Put that rock down.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 25, 2011 at 6:19 am
Based on most of the comments, I'm alone on this one, but what the heck, I'll stick my neck out.
I'm not crazy about it. I don't like the laundry list...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 24, 2011 at 7:56 pm
I think it's partly the subject matter. People don't use PBM. I'm not sure why. It's excellent. But if you're not interested in PBM, why would you want to learn...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 24, 2011 at 7:49 pm
Now this one, I just like. I especially like the fodder for discussion bit. Sounds like fun.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 24, 2011 at 7:42 pm
To the point, direct. A tad short if you ask me. I don't want paragraphs of info, but 2 sentences seems a tad too minimal. But, you can get away...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 24, 2011 at 7:41 pm
I'd be interested in attending. I do think it's slightly vague on what the attendee will be taking home. That's my one personal bugaboo. You've told me what it's about,...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 24, 2011 at 7:40 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 13,516 through 13,530 (of 22,227 total)