Viewing 15 posts - 13,426 through 13,440 (of 22,227 total)
sqldba_icon (2/1/2011)
Craig Farrell (2/1/2011)
You can also get a double entry when there are two plans because of parallelism. One will parallel split, one won't.
I need to check but could...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
February 1, 2011 at 4:40 pm
Here's a video on how to post an execution plan to SSC.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
February 1, 2011 at 3:29 pm
Absolutely.
I thought of another one too, you need to make sure you're using the same parameters in the test environment that you do in production. That will help to ensure...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
February 1, 2011 at 10:48 am
I was also going to suggest doing a complete rebuild of all statistics, preferably with FULL SCAN.
I know there are some areas where performance degrades on upgrading servers from 2000...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
February 1, 2011 at 10:26 am
Kwisatz78 (2/1/2011)
I am wondering about the accuracy of placing a copy of production into a test environment. If I do this will the query plans also be copied or...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
February 1, 2011 at 10:23 am
sql_butterfly (2/1/2011)
from T1 A
INNER JOIN (select Field1, max(FirstTime) AS FirstTime from T1
group by Field1) B
on A.Field1= B.Field1
and A.FirstTime = B.FirstTime
ORDER BY B.Field1, B.ImportantDate, B.FirstTime
Basically I'm...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
February 1, 2011 at 8:54 am
I didn't even notice that you were talking about UDFs. Assuming you're talking about multi-statement table valued UDFs, my best advice, avoid them like they have AIDS, because, effectively, they...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
February 1, 2011 at 8:23 am
If I were running the interview I'd want to hear a lot more than just that you'd taken the tail backup. I'd want to know which backups you had to...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
February 1, 2011 at 6:30 am
We've been running with Read Committed Snapshot on several systems, and while there is a bit of an impact on tempdb, the reduction in locking and blocking more than made...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
February 1, 2011 at 4:14 am
SalvageDog (2/1/2011)
Thanks for a great article.
I have a very intermittent problem, occurs only two or three times a month. Would there be any issues with running a server side...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
February 1, 2011 at 4:11 am
rob mcnicol (1/31/2011)
what tweaks to this process are required to run a server-side trace on analysis services? when i export my Script Trace Definition, the 'For...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
February 1, 2011 at 4:09 am
aMSDeveloper (1/31/2011)
We have a clustered environment and the important database is mirrored. It is a highly transactional database. We also have a RO (Read Only) environment which is also clustered...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 31, 2011 at 1:15 pm
ALZDBA (1/31/2011)
jcrawf02 (1/31/2011)
GilaMonster (1/31/2011)
WayneS (1/31/2011)
So... what's your favorite data modeling tool?Pencil and paper (or marker and whiteboard).
Personally, I prefer using Grant
Oh yes ... Grant has sql plans 😉
Grant has a...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 31, 2011 at 12:53 pm
WayneS (1/31/2011)
Starting a new job today... I get to use whatever tools I want. I've used ERwin and PowerDesigner in the past. IMHO, ERwin...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 31, 2011 at 12:13 pm
I'm not sure, but I frankly wouldn't worry about it. Perfmon is where you should be collecting that data.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 31, 2011 at 10:50 am
Viewing 15 posts - 13,426 through 13,440 (of 22,227 total)