Viewing 15 posts - 17,941 through 17,955 (of 22,227 total)
This may not give you the answer, but it could help. Get the estimated execution plan instead of the actual one. I usually prefer to work only with the actual...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 25, 2009 at 6:00 pm
Yep. A Star Fury from B-5.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 25, 2009 at 5:22 pm
I think I lost all the posts from this morning. That stinks. I wrote a couple of decent ones (for once). Ah well, no joy in Mudville.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 25, 2009 at 4:46 pm
From conversations I've had with people who were on the committee, the DBA track has the fiercest competition. Since you're on that track... it'll be tough. But you know what,...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 25, 2009 at 4:24 pm
So, it looks clear now?
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 25, 2009 at 10:15 am
GilaMonster (3/25/2009)
RBarryYoung (3/25/2009)
You know I am not getting my email alerts/updates this morning either. Something is definitely off.
Likewise. I've had one notification since about 9am this morning (GMT+2).
I...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 25, 2009 at 9:39 am
RBarryYoung (3/25/2009)
I tried deleting the duplicates, but I don't think that...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 25, 2009 at 9:37 am
The basic code doesn't cause locking all by itself. So, the problem must lie elsewhere. Are you getting errors? Does the code that's calling the proc have a transcation wrapper?
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 25, 2009 at 7:25 am
It does sound like you might be seeing the results of different paths through the execution plan working better for one data set than another. Check the execution plan for...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 25, 2009 at 6:42 am
No, SQL Server will determine the order of resolution based on the indexes and their statistics on the table (or the lack thereof). You have very little control over the...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 25, 2009 at 6:33 am
Well the OP came back with what seems to be an appropriate level of contrition and received help.
I just don't understand how you do it Lynn. I try to avoid...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 25, 2009 at 6:31 am
If the database is running in 80 compatibility mode, you won't be able to run 90 type queries, which include using the CROSS APPLY query.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 25, 2009 at 6:29 am
Well the OP came back with what seems to be an appropriate level of contrition and received help.
I just don't understand how you do it Lynn. I try to avoid...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 25, 2009 at 6:25 am
Well the OP came back with what seems to be an appropriate level of contrition and received help.
I just don't understand how you do it Lynn. I try to avoid...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 25, 2009 at 6:08 am
Well, I finally got around to RTFM... It is noted in BOL that this will run slow on large tables. So, you're just getting hammered. You're already doing the right...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 24, 2009 at 1:27 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 17,941 through 17,955 (of 22,227 total)