Viewing 15 posts - 21,271 through 21,285 (of 49,552 total)
Dev (1/7/2012)
@Gail: I am sorry if I said anything offensive. I believe I didn’t,
Your insinuations about goals and motives were very insulting.
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
January 7, 2012 at 7:26 am
Ninja's_RGR'us (1/7/2012)
has a fair shot a exceptional DBA of the year at some point in her career.
Nah. I'm not a DBA remember (it's not the 'exceptional consultant of the year'...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
January 7, 2012 at 7:23 am
If you're on SQL 2008 Enterprise edition, look into TDE (transparent database encryption). That will prevent anyone from restoring the database to a server that doesn't have the appropriate certificates....
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
January 7, 2012 at 7:18 am
Pity about the exec plan, I don't understand why companies prohibit posting those, it's not as if there's top-secret information included in a plan.
Try starting with these for tuning
Also Grant...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
January 7, 2012 at 7:10 am
Dev (1/7/2012)
GilaMonster (1/7/2012)
Dev (1/7/2012)
GilaMonster (1/7/2012)
Ninja's_RGR'us (1/7/2012)
BTW that counts for maybe 8-10% of my work.
Likewise. Then add in SQLTeam, MSDN (though I don't post there much...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
January 7, 2012 at 7:09 am
If the recovery model is Simple, then add a checkpoint between each delete.
Are you sure that the recovery model is simple though? Because if it is, you wouldn't have been...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
January 7, 2012 at 6:44 am
Yeah, the absolutely bloody nightmare of hoops and requirements to keep certified partner status. For the purposes of 'number of certifications' (which is a requirement), I count no more than...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
January 7, 2012 at 6:41 am
Dev (1/7/2012)
GilaMonster (1/7/2012)
Ninja's_RGR'us (1/7/2012)
BTW that counts for maybe 8-10% of my work.
Likewise. Then add in SQLTeam, MSDN (though I don't post there much any more), stack overflow...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
January 7, 2012 at 6:39 am
That's a huge question, and it's more a data design and architecture than a technical one. Consolidation may be a good idea, but then you have to consider how often...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
January 7, 2012 at 6:35 am
Ninja's_RGR'us (1/7/2012)
BTW that counts for maybe 8-10% of my work.
Likewise. Then add in SQLTeam, MSDN (though I don't post there much any more), stack overflow and related sites (again,...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
January 7, 2012 at 6:27 am
Dev (1/7/2012)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/6/2012)
User posts
SQLRNNR ...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
January 7, 2012 at 6:19 am
And the error messages are...????
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
January 6, 2012 at 2:16 pm
Louis Davidson's books on database design.
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
January 6, 2012 at 2:00 pm
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/6/2012)
Stefan Krzywicki (1/6/2012)
I enjoyed creating tables and columns for one job like this
CREATE TABLE "--¦" ( "+--+-+" int, "+-+" date)
Told my boss it was...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
January 6, 2012 at 12:33 pm
Brandie Tarvin (1/6/2012)
SQLRNNR (1/6/2012)
GilaMonster (1/6/2012)
I hate underscores. I hate all caps naming. I have a special hatred for what I have in a system at the moment:INSURANCECAMPAIGNREVIEW_STARTDATE
That sounds a lot...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
January 6, 2012 at 11:32 am
Viewing 15 posts - 21,271 through 21,285 (of 49,552 total)