Viewing 15 posts - 19,486 through 19,500 (of 49,552 total)
My script should do exactly that (0, not false, SQL doesn't have a boolean datatype)
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
March 28, 2012 at 5:21 pm
Am I correct in saying you want to return true (1) if all the records for that order have a non-null condate, otherwise false (0)?
If so:
CREATE PROCEDURE sp_CheckConDate (
@spOrderID int
)
AS
BEGIN
DECLARE...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
March 28, 2012 at 3:24 pm
I recommend them both, use whichever the client perfers. If they have no opinion then it depends how much I need to do. The one place I picked the tool...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
March 28, 2012 at 3:13 pm
The second can do an index seek, but probably the index is not covering and the query returns too many rows for the seek + key lookups to be efficient.
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
March 28, 2012 at 2:37 pm
It looks to me like it's working as intended.
Bear in mind you have multiple sessions mixed up there, but if you look at each session on its own, it's...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
March 28, 2012 at 2:36 pm
opc.three (3/28/2012)
I do not have the luxury of creating every index ever added to databases in the instance.
Neither do I. What I do is log index fragmentation and rebuild...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
March 28, 2012 at 2:33 pm
opc.three (3/28/2012)
To clarify I am talking about the option set using sp_configure.
So am I
To my knowledge this does not affect existing indexes, only new indexes where WITH FILL_FACTOR =...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
March 28, 2012 at 2:12 pm
Not 'No, why should I', but 'No way'
That affects the entire server, every database, any new index created. I prefer to leave that at default and pick fill factors for...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
March 28, 2012 at 1:50 pm
Sourav-657741 (3/28/2012)
Unfortunately, at server level the fill factor is set as default (=0). And I can't change it.........since it has been working since long time!
The default server-wide fill factor should...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
March 28, 2012 at 1:37 pm
Sourav-657741 (3/28/2012)
If I need to run 1272 indexes in batches, then I will have to go by doing this in a manual process....
No, you won't.
Grab the index rebuild script...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
March 28, 2012 at 1:31 pm
This:
opc.three (3/28/2012)
More work, but you could also try spreading you index rebuilds out over time so your log backups do not become too large.
[Are you suggesting to go for a...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
March 28, 2012 at 1:21 pm
Can you run this as part of whatever code you're testing and post exactly what it prints out?
PRINT '::ERROR::BEFORE'
Print 'Error number = ' + @RecordErrorNumber
IF (@RecordErrorNumber != 0)
BEGIN
PRINT...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
March 28, 2012 at 1:08 pm
bwilliams-1049831 (3/28/2012)
Avoid using fields in indexes that are updated frequently.Status fields are a prime example. Each time the field is updated the index has to be updated.
Maybe. Depends on how...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
March 28, 2012 at 12:54 pm
Sourav-657741 (3/28/2012)
which mode will offer the overall improvement:Rec Model with "Full" or "Bulk-Logged" ?
In terms of the size of log backup? Probably neither has an advantage over the other.
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
March 28, 2012 at 10:55 am
Sourav-657741 (3/28/2012)
-- So, above all do you think changing the rec model to "Bulk-Log" is a fair choice?
If you are doing so to reduce the size of the log backup,...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
March 28, 2012 at 10:38 am
Viewing 15 posts - 19,486 through 19,500 (of 49,552 total)