Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
Thanks. I am going to have to play around with this.
October 5, 2026 at 2:18 pm
I am planning on using your suggestion. Frankly I don't know how I didn't see that in the first place. Would this type of selection run efficiently? Am I better...
October 3, 2026 at 2:44 pm
Thanks. I just replied to your initial post about a minute ago.
October 2, 2026 at 6:48 pm
Thanks. Scott had a similar idea. It's one that I had never crossed my mind.
October 2, 2026 at 6:47 pm
Yes. Everything is under my control.
Something about option 2 feels wrong. I suppose that comes from an old boss and a database seminar that I went to. They said that...
October 2, 2026 at 6:44 pm
Let me answer your questions first. A vendor cannot be added. A task is considered incomplete until all vendors have updated the system to say that they are done.
Your approach...
October 2, 2026 at 6:40 pm
I hear you Steve. I have always used the full address. In the case of the app that I am building. It will primarily run on a phone. Therefore I...
May 22, 2026 at 7:46 pm
My thoughts as well. Since my app is going to be primarily on a phone and the address isn't used for anything other than an FYI and to make an...
May 22, 2026 at 7:25 pm
Thanks for the advice.
April 29, 2026 at 1:02 pm
Thanks for getting back to me. I had considered the points you are making. And for those reasons I normally do as you suggested. This is the one application that...
April 28, 2026 at 7:07 pm
There are no indexes on either field. I am going to create a query plan to see the results. '
I originally asked the question because I have a vague recollection...
December 9, 2024 at 4:36 pm
Thanks. I will do what you suggested.
December 8, 2024 at 9:35 pm
Thanks Jeff. You are 100% correct. I always put an ID column on tables without giving it much thought. In this case I clearly don't need it.
November 27, 2024 at 5:53 pm
Thank you all for getting back to me. I appreciate the advice. Because of your advice, I won't make a big deal out of removing the ID. Oddly, I spoke...
November 27, 2024 at 1:08 am
That's a given. I always do as much work as I can on the server. The question is whether to have the stored procedure do a join to obtain all...
November 21, 2024 at 9:59 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)