Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 402 total)
Doesn't this work only provided that the delimiter is a period?
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sqlrv
Website: https://www.sqlrv.com
March 24, 2020 at 12:15 pm
It seems so many vendor applications just demand dbo access to the database, if not SA rights to the instance.
I've dealt with applications like that. The developers are basically...
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sqlrv
Website: https://www.sqlrv.com
March 6, 2020 at 6:28 pm
My boss's problem with stored procs is, "Stored procedures are blind to the environment invoking them."
Isn't that true of any method? I thought that was the whole point of...
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sqlrv
Website: https://www.sqlrv.com
March 6, 2020 at 6:00 pm
I wish there were more of this. Was this a product of the company culture or just that department?
I'm not sure about the company, but it definitely was due...
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sqlrv
Website: https://www.sqlrv.com
March 6, 2020 at 2:50 pm
My arguments for using stored procedures is simple. Writing database manipulation code in C# is like writing a user-interface in T-SQL -- if it works at all, it doesn't work...
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sqlrv
Website: https://www.sqlrv.com
March 6, 2020 at 2:03 pm
As Jeff said, all was well covered while you were away, but we missed you all the same! I'm glad you got your much needed break, but I'm even more...
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sqlrv
Website: https://www.sqlrv.com
February 26, 2020 at 12:54 pm
Enjoy your break, Steve. You deserve it!!
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sqlrv
Website: https://www.sqlrv.com
January 13, 2020 at 11:42 am
That was awesome!! Have a Merry Christmas, Steve!
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sqlrv
Website: https://www.sqlrv.com
December 24, 2019 at 10:49 am
Option 1 works only if you replace the {} with [] as follows:
df.columns = ['BillMonth', 'InvoiceAmount']
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sqlrv
Website: https://www.sqlrv.com
December 18, 2019 at 4:38 pm
A nice reminder of how bitwise manipulation and checking work!
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sqlrv
Website: https://www.sqlrv.com
December 17, 2019 at 6:07 am
I don't understand. When I answered this question and selected "syntax error" I was notified that my answer was incorrect and the correct answer was "execution error" instead. Now the...
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sqlrv
Website: https://www.sqlrv.com
November 11, 2019 at 6:48 am
It's been a while since I've worked on SQL 2000 so I'm a bit rusty on what's allowable and what's not. I also realized that I couldn't set my 2017...
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sqlrv
Website: https://www.sqlrv.com
October 8, 2019 at 3:17 pm
damn, that scuppers that idea then.
as i have a problem that this might have been a solution for.
I believe that there is a solution. I'll need a bit of...
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sqlrv
Website: https://www.sqlrv.com
October 8, 2019 at 2:39 pm
I totally agree that what the standards are defined as are not nearly as important as following them. Consistency is King!! We'll, that and good documentation.
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sqlrv
Website: https://www.sqlrv.com
October 7, 2019 at 12:31 pm
Bugger, I didn't notice that it was a multiple answer question!
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sqlrv
Website: https://www.sqlrv.com
September 23, 2019 at 2:47 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 402 total)