Viewing 15 posts - 5,596 through 5,610 (of 7,185 total)
OK, so your Treepath column contains a delimited list that you need to split into its individual components? You need a function to do that for you. If...
December 13, 2010 at 4:08 am
I think I answered the first problem in the 18th message in this thread.
As for calculating the size of the result set, build a table of all the possible data...
December 13, 2010 at 3:51 am
Problem? I inferred from your previous post that it was resolved. Please let us know what the outstanding issues are.
John
December 13, 2010 at 2:24 am
I'm glad you've made some progress. Your SET @par2 and SET @filter statements will fail if the respective temp tables contain more than one row, however.
John
December 10, 2010 at 4:00 am
This is where dynamic SQL starts to get ugly and is one of the reasons why you should try to avoid it. I think you would have to loop...
December 10, 2010 at 3:03 am
There's a stored procedure sp_delete_backuphistory that you can use to purge old backup records from the msdb database.
John
December 10, 2010 at 2:46 am
Resender (12/10/2010)
returns me the delimited varchar as a table where each record is the next value
turns into
ID ColumnName
1 MachineId
2 RegisterId
3 UtcTime
4 Value
I...
December 10, 2010 at 2:20 am
Resender (12/9/2010)
I could off course put that in a variable and execute the variable.
Then the problem would be to then calculate...
December 10, 2010 at 1:31 am
Wrong way round. You can restore a SQL Server 2000 database to SQL Server 2005, but as far as I know, you can't restore a SQL Server 2005 database...
December 9, 2010 at 8:58 am
It means you can't use the new features in SQL Server 2005 on any of those databases. This includes keywords such as ROW_NUMBER, and the dynamic management views.
John
December 9, 2010 at 8:30 am
Resender (12/9/2010)
My first problem is when I delimit my @SelectedColumns does this require a while loop.Or how do I do it.
Are you talking about splitting the string, or reassembling it...
December 9, 2010 at 7:06 am
Resender (12/9/2010)
I believe set-based query to split my columns was already in my stored procedure
SET @truncatedChar = REPLACE(@SelectedColumns,',','')
SET @occurenceChar = (LEN(@SelectedColumns) - LEN(@truncatedChar))
...
WHILE (@counter < @occurenceChar...
December 9, 2010 at 6:06 am
Resender (12/8/2010)
I can put these in a temp table and loop through them.
Shouldn't be any reason to do any looping. The splitting of the string can be done with...
December 9, 2010 at 3:42 am
Oh. Maybe it's been taken down for maintenance. If you do a Google search for it, you can look at the cached version.
John
December 8, 2010 at 7:42 am
Ah yes, so they are. Please have a read of this...
http://www.sommarskog.se/dynamic_sql.html
... and decide whether you're still happy with this way of coding. If you are, then what...
December 8, 2010 at 3:47 am
Viewing 15 posts - 5,596 through 5,610 (of 7,185 total)