Connection to database is failed

• Hi

i have sql server 2008. when i am login to my Web Application following error is generated.

please help i search other form but not able to get any solution

Thanks

With regards

Dilip D

• If you look in the SQL Server error log, assuming that it is configured to log failed logins, you will find information that will enable you to deduce the reason for the login failure.

John

• this error is created from Front End. jst want to know whether this error is related to Sql server or .Net

i am able to connect to my sql server 2008 from Sql client.There is no problem in sql server login.

Sql server log does not have any red marks

• dilipd006 (12/13/2010)

this error is created from Front End. jst want to know whether this error is related to Sql server or .Net

Well, how are you going to know if you don't investigate? Do as I suggested, and post back if you find anything you don't understand.

If there are no login failure messages in the SQL Server error log, this is either because you've not configured it to log failed logins, or because your application isn't finding SQL Server for some reason - maybe there's a firewall, perhaps SQL Server Browser isn't running, or you may be specifying an incorrect port.

John

• Sometimes i am able to login in to my application and when i am doing some search function this error is coming.

• OK, this is getting outside my area of knowledge. However, I'd say that if one part of your application is connecting to SQL Server, and another part is failing to connect to the same server (and the same database?) then there must be some difference in your coding. Are the two connection strings the same?

John

• thanks for the reply..the connection string is same

• If there are no login failure messages in the SQL Server error log, this is either because you've not configured it to log failed logins

How to configure this

• dilipd006 (12/13/2010)

thanks for the reply..the connection string is same

It means that application is able to connect with sql server but it throws error inside it so i think debugging application would be option to get the exact error.

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• dilipd006 (12/13/2010)

How to configure this

Right-click on the server name and choose Properties. Click on Security and choose the appropriate setting.

John

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply