Viewing 15 posts - 5,131 through 5,145 (of 7,185 total)
You're quite right, Phil. In that case, I would go with Koen's suggestion and store the value in a table somewhere. It's much easier to modify a database...
August 19, 2011 at 5:00 am
I think it would be simpler if, instead of updating the config file, either you evaluate the variable using an expression, or you output a value at the end of...
August 19, 2011 at 4:49 am
That error looks specific to LiteSpeed. If I were you, I'd raise a case with Quest support - they're very helpful. Check out their knowledge base first -...
August 19, 2011 at 3:21 am
Tom.Thomson (8/18/2011)
...Rather a lot (60%) of people getting it wrong, surprisingly.
I'm surprised that more people didn't get it wrong - especially if, like me, they attempt to answer without looking...
August 18, 2011 at 6:01 am
Standard Edition can be clustered - we have many instances of it where I work. As for changing the edition, I don't know. Why can't it be done...
August 18, 2011 at 3:09 am
In my case it is bit diffcult to replace the entire cursor.
Difficult if you are used to programming in a procedural language, maybe, but this is the sort of stuff...
August 17, 2011 at 8:20 am
To be honest, I'm surprised you're not getting that message about variable names being unique, since you're declaring it again and again in the same batch. But if it...
August 17, 2011 at 8:06 am
dardar4 (8/17/2011)
insert into MyTable (file_desc, is_modified) values ('a.txt',0)
insert into MyTable (file_desc, is_modified) values ('a.txt',1)
insert into MyTable (file_desc, is_modified) values ('b.txt',0)
insert into...
August 17, 2011 at 7:23 am
Sounds like a homework question to me. Can you show us what you've tried so far?
John
August 17, 2011 at 3:37 am
Andrew
If you're going to upgrade to SQL Server 2008 straight away, then just get your servers to a position where they can be upgraded. If that's SP4, then just...
August 16, 2011 at 6:04 am
scottichrosaviakosmos (8/15/2011)
THANKS, BUT HOW TO USE IT . i DONT KOW HOW TO USE IT AND LOCALISE IT.
Please don't type in capitals - some people interpret that as shouting.
Actually, the...
August 15, 2011 at 5:15 am
Does it work? If it doesn't, it's not right. After the collation name is the bit you need to pay attention to. And don't forget to change...
August 12, 2011 at 9:01 am
shiv-356842 (8/12/2011)
In this way right
Does either one work? That's usually a good test. I don't think they will, since the error message you were getting related to...
August 12, 2011 at 8:45 am
Again, the answer is in the error message. Just put a column alias after the collation name in each SELECT statement, the same way I did for the "DBName"...
August 12, 2011 at 8:27 am
Probably because your databases don't all have the same collation. Choose a collation that will make all the database names distinct, and specify it in every SELECT statement in...
August 12, 2011 at 8:06 am
Viewing 15 posts - 5,131 through 5,145 (of 7,185 total)