Viewing 15 posts - 5,101 through 5,115 (of 7,185 total)
Sushant
What is PLU_NUM(float)? Do you just mean float? If you need to compare numbers in a character column with numbers in a numerical column, you will need to...
August 26, 2011 at 8:56 am
Reindex those tables regularly, depending on how much job, backup and maintenance plan activity you have. Here is what I do:
-- Try this on a test server before unleashing...
August 26, 2011 at 8:14 am
What is the relationship between RecNum and RecInd? I've left out RecInd in the solution below because it looks redundant.
The first thing to do is to group by RecNum...
August 26, 2011 at 8:03 am
Or use one of the INFORMATION_SCHEMA views and avoid the need to join at all:
SELECT TABLE_SCHEMA, TABLE_NAME
FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS
WHERE COLUMN_NAME = 'ItemInsertedWhen'
John
August 26, 2011 at 7:21 am
In that case, you have the risk that tables will be updated between when your SELECT statement starts and when it finishes, possibly causing dirty reads. Using NOLOCK may...
August 26, 2011 at 6:21 am
Henk
I don't know of any way to change the order in which the derived columns are displayed. However, I can't think of any reason why it would be important...
August 26, 2011 at 2:47 am
You can use CURRENT_USER to get the name of the user doing the insert, and then you can look up that user in sys.database_principals to find the default schema for...
August 25, 2011 at 8:56 am
Data_God (8/25/2011)
Could someone explain why the script below allows...
August 25, 2011 at 5:52 am
This problem is not related to just presentation.
Please will you expand on that? What else is it related to?
And i m not having knowledge about VB Macro in...
August 25, 2011 at 1:56 am
Search this site (or elsewhere) for "simple recovery model" and read about recovery models and backing up the transaction logs. One of the things you'll notice is that you...
August 25, 2011 at 1:29 am
SELECT recovery_model_desc
FROM master.sys.databases
WHERE [name] = '<InsertYourDatabaseNameHere>'
As for backing up the log, I imagine that if you don't know whether you do it, then you don't do it. When you...
August 24, 2011 at 8:32 am
Right, so if I understand correctly, you are restoring a database from instance A to instance B? Does the user SVCREMOTE exist in the database on instance A? ...
August 24, 2011 at 7:30 am
Yes and yes. There are certain commands that will truncate the log without backing it up. I suggest you go to the link that Jason posted - I'd...
August 24, 2011 at 7:20 am
Looks like you have an orphaned user in your restored database. Remap it after the restore with the ALTER USER command. The syntax is something like this (I'm...
August 24, 2011 at 7:12 am
Viewing 15 posts - 5,101 through 5,115 (of 7,185 total)