Derived Columns in alphabetical order

• I've been working with SSIS for quite a while now.

at the moment I have in various packages about 50 items in deriverd columns and it keeps on growing.

Problem I have is that the columns headings are not in alphabetical order and I can't get them in alphabetical order whatever I'm trying. Is there an easy way to do this?

Henk

• Henk

I don't know of any way to change the order in which the derived columns are displayed. However, I can't think of any reason why it would be important to do this. What is important is that the columns are mapped correctly to their destinations. If you want to display the columns alphabetically, there are ways of doing that, depending on what you are using to present your data.

John

• John Mitchell-245523 (8/26/2011)

Henk

I don't know of any way to change the order in which the derived columns are displayed. However, I can't think of any reason why it would be important to do this. What is important is that the columns are mapped correctly to their destinations. If you want to display the columns alphabetically, there are ways of doing that, depending on what you are using to present your data.

John

Although it may not be important technically, I can see why it would be helpful, as there are so many derived columns.

It does not appear that the BIDS UI provides the required functionality. The next thing I would suggest you try is to edit the DTSX file in a text editor and manually switch a few rows around in the Derived Column section. Needless to say, make sure you have a backup, because you might have to do a bit of trial and error.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply