Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 3,211 through 3,225 (of 7,185 total)

  • RE: Database growth

    Yes, expand the files manually if you can, at a time of low activity. I would recommend that you leave auto-grow enabled, in case of any unexpected rapid growth....

  • RE: Number of times a specific day of month occurs between 2 dates?

    Here's one example[/url]. There are many more out there if you search for them. You may find it helps to add other columns to the table to suit...

  • RE: Number of times a specific day of month occurs between 2 dates?

    You could do some fancy date arithmetic, but it's probably easier just to create a calendar table and join to that where the day datepart is 1.

    John

  • RE: Copy-Paste table from Excel to sql server

    Yes, you can use SSIS, bcp or BULK INSERT, whichever works best for you. There are other cruder ways of doing it as well, such as building a set...

  • RE: SQL Server - database role question

    This is why I rarely use the GUI for stuff like this - you never know what it's going to do behind the scenes. Use sp_addrole to create the...

  • RE: Forgot SA password

    Yes, or he could tell us why he is "unable to log in via Windows authentication". I'd be surprised if he's tried exactly what I suggested in my first...

  • RE: Forgot SA password

    Why?

  • RE: Forgot SA password

    Vijay

    Yes, log on to the server as an administrator, start SQL Server in single user mode, connect locally using Windows authentication, change the sa password, and restart SQL Server.

    John

  • RE: Should I run CHECKDB on SSISDB database

    Kathy

    I would categorise it as a user database (although I don't think it's all that important which pigeon-hole you choose to put it in). It can't do any harm...

  • RE: No. of Offline Databases

    I'm not saying that you should necessarily use something else. I'm saying that it's possible for index usage stats to be cleared between the last time the database was...

  • RE: No. of Offline Databases

    There are certain events that cause index usage stats to be reset, and it looks as if taking a database offline is one of them. If you want to...

  • RE: 10000+ Columns in SQL

    OK, so you don't need 6000 columns. Your table will look a bit like this:

    CREATE TABLE StockData (

    CheckDate date NOT NULL,

    StockCode int NOT NULL,

    StockHigh decimal(9,2) NOT NULL

    StockLow decimal(9,2) NOT...

  • RE: 10000+ Columns in SQL

    Does each stock type have the same 30 attributes (columns)? Please will you give some examples?

    John

  • RE: find droped procedure user

    Some default traces last longer than others. If your applications are well designed and don't constantly perform DDL operations, then you've a fighting chance of having a few days'...

  • RE: find droped procedure user

    You can try the default trace. It's usually stored in the same folder as your errorlog and SQL Server Agent log files. You can open the file with...

Viewing 15 posts - 3,211 through 3,225 (of 7,185 total)