Year-To-Date measure?

• Hello.

I need to have a measure that gives the users (financial) to have within the cube a Year-To-Date measure. When the user filters a given month (say March), I'd like to see the value of the current month in the aggregations, as well as the value of the aggreagations from January to March.

Can MDX expressions solve this problem?

Thanks a million in advance for your help.

Jean-Marie

• If you check out the Sql Server 2K resource kit (find it here http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/sql/2000/all/reskit/en-us/default.mspx) and then scroll down (/find) to 'How Can I Compare Time Periods in MDX?' you will see an example using the YTD function.

Cheers,

Steve.

• Thanks Steve.

I checked the example and it gives me less than what I'm trying to get.

My business case is that the user choses a Time level (year, quarter or month) and the aggregation should be able to give the cumulative values of the current year AND the cumulative values of the previous year.

My using of Ytd function is OK but that of the previous year is only working when the comparison is made at Year level. No aggregations are calculated when the level is Quarter or Month.

My "logic" is that the function:

sum

({Ytd(ParallelPeriod())},[Invoiced Quantity]) should return what I've described but it doesn't.

Any idea how to solve this?

Jean-Marie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply