xp_sendmail processdump (sev 19)

• I have a sql 2000 sp2 + the post sp2 hotfix (Q314003), were a xp_sendmail process caused the process to dump (Sev 19)

I have read Q320407 which explans the problem, but the main fix is a hotfix (but I'm already running one)

I read in another post here that someone suggested replacing the sqlmap70.dll with the sp1 version.

Has anyone tried this or has anyone got any other solution?

thanks

Steven

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q320407

Steven

• Sorted it for the time being by moving the xp_sendmail process onto a sp1 box.

Steven

• I saw several threads, here and on other sites in which apparently this was a statement sqlmap70.dll from SP1 was an MS sugestion. Several post have suggested it fixed things immediately. Now, hoever I have not tried it nor do I need it, just wanted to pass what informaion I have seen along. Also, SP3 should contain a final fix for this when released so it may be worth it to try temporarily, but do make a backup of the current file.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• As it is a production server and my workaround is fine (for the time being).

I'll wait for the SP3 fix rather than replacing the dll

thanks

Steven

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply