xp_sendmail - empty subject

• Thanks for doing all that Bledu - much appreciated.

I'm coming to the conclusion that I'll have to apply a service pack and see what happens. I didn't really want to as it'll then mean I'll have to go through the acceptance process with the users before I can update the live server, which will take time etc, but I guess I have no real choice.

Rgds

• I experienced the same problem on a new development machine of ours. The solution was to turn OFF caching on the outlook client. Also, it wasn't just the subject which was affected. Sending a query attachment was not working as well. Turning off the caching fixed both of our issues.

Hope that helps.

• Also, after caching has been turned off, you should restart SQL Mail by executing xp_stopmail then xp_startmail.

• I have cached mode turned on, and I could not duplicate the error. Have you installed the service packs as yet?

Everything you can imagine is real.

• Nope, not yet - been kind of busy. Will try the caching option first, but if that doesn't work, I'll try the SP.

thanks

• Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've had a look at my outlook client and I can't find mention of caching - could you tell me where it is?

many thanks

• Tools ->Email Accounts ->View or Change Existing -> [Select your Account] ->Click Change -> and wala you should see it. its a checkbox.

this is on outlook 2003

• Ahh, got it - don't know why I didn't see that - sorry about that.

AND IT WORKS!

So thank yo uvery much for all of you who read this and made suggestions, esp to Bledu & Danial.

Rgds

• we all wish m$ products could work seamlessly

• I have recently had this issue when migrating servers adn the caching was the fix.  Thanks everyone.

• I was facing the exact same issue and this fix WORKED! Thanks a lot.

• I have the same problem, Were using Outlook 2003 and SQL server 2000.

The mail is sending OK but the subject line remains blank? If the variable is specified or left blank the result is the same.

Did you ever get a solution to this problem.

Thanks for any help

Kenny

• So,hv anyone find the root of the problem for this and get the solution? i wish to know where outlook caching also..appreciate if someone can share..

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply