XML Workshop XIX - Generating an ATOM 1.0 Feed

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item XML Workshop XIX - Generating an ATOM 1.0 Feed

• I haven't had the chance to review all of the series that you have here, but from what I have read so far it is really helpful. I do have one question / suggesting in relation to what you are doing.

In both this ATOM article, and the previous RSS one, you indicate all of the steps to generate the XML, but I haven't seen anything in relation to getting it out of the server itself. I would think that a Web service hosted by SQL Server could address this.

Did you, or are you going to, address this aspect of SQL Server and XML?

Beer's Law: Absolutum obsoletum
    "if it works it's out-of-date"

• DEK,

Thanks for the feedback. Infact, this is something that I had in mind and will be coming up in the next sessions. One of the previous sessions has shown how to access the FOR-XML results from ADO.NET: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/XML/62054/

I will present a few other options in the coming sessions.

regards

Jacob

• I think that would be very helpful. I've been browsing for more detail on this subject (Generate RSS from SQL Server) since I posted my question and the tendency seems to be to write something in .NET.

A couple of years ago I tried playing around with SQLXML 3 in SS2000, and it would seem to me that you could fine tune exactly what you would want to be generated (hence an RSS feed). However, that level of control doesn't seem to be in SS2005; it appears to go the SOAP route instead.

Thanks for the good articles, and I look forward to the next one.

Beer's Law: Absolutum obsoletum
    "if it works it's out-of-date"

• Jacob your articles are good and very helpful. I am not that expert to comment on your articles but your articles are really helpful...........

Thank you. 🙂

• Anirban Paul (5/15/2008)

Jacob your articles are good and very helpful. I am not that expert to comment on your articles but your articles are really helpful...........

Thank you. 🙂

Thank you Paul, I will try to come up with more helpful stuff.

regards

Jacob

• jacob sebastian (5/15/2008)

Anirban Paul (5/15/2008)

Jacob your articles are good and very helpful. I am not that expert to comment on your articles but your articles are really helpful...........

Thank you. 🙂

Thank you Paul, I will try to come up with more helpful stuff.

regards

Jacob

You are most welcome...........

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply