XML Source Adaptor

• Attached are two .xsd files (renamed to .txt).

The both contain an element called "Occupancy".

When i use Hbeds.xsd this is not shown in the outputs.

When i use HBeds1.xsd is it.

HBeds1.xsd is HBeds.xsd with alot stripped out , so what gives ?

Any ideas ?

Clear Sky SQL
    My Blog[/url]

• Are you expecting them to work interchangeably? Because one is 5 levels down, and the other is 7, so I don't think they could operate on the same files, etc....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• No, not at all.

My point is that with Hbeds.xsd i dont get an output of Occupancy, whereas with Hbeds1.xsd i do.

Clear Sky SQL
    My Blog[/url]

• Let's try this a different way. Do you have specific XML files you'd expect these to work against?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• No , i have hundreds of XML files of the same structure that i need to parse.

So , using the XML source adaptor , i generated the XSD file Hbeds.xsd.

When i started to use this i noticed that at least one level , the occupancy , didnt have an output from the Adaptor itself. So in a effort to find out what was happening i stripped out the vast majority of the data within the .XSD and created HBeds1.XSD. To my surprise , when i used that in the adaptor, i have the output of 'Occupancy'.

So there lies my confusion , why would the output of Occupancy be available when Hbeds1.xsd is used , but not Hbeds.Xsd ?

Clear Sky SQL
    My Blog[/url]

• ahhhhhhhhh , Sorted.....

The full schema has two "Occupancy" nodes.

So to distinguish , it has given the "full path". Doh...

Clear Sky SQL
    My Blog[/url]

• Good to hear. I was wondering why it would be at different levels (not terribly uncommon in XML, but SSIS tends to not much care for that from what I've seen).

Cheers!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply