Write Conflict

• Hi all,
    So this is a particularly confusing error, and I cannot figure it out. This issue only occurs on some tables and not others.
    I have imported a table from access BE into SQL.  This table has a PK in the ID field.
    I have linked this SQL Db to Access. 
    Once linked, I can enter a new record in the table.  I click off the record and no problems.  I click back into the record and try to modify it.  When I click out of the record again (or attempt to save it, I receive a write conflict warning)  There is nobody else in the record.  So I don't understand it at all.  
    Some other info
    1. Some other records in the table permit changes.  So it's just some records, not all. New records seem to cause the write conflict
    2. Not all table have this issue.  Only some tables have the issue. 
    3. I have read that Bit fields cause problems, but I have table that have a ton of bit fields and there is no problem.

This seems to be a complex issue and no way of knowing how to resolve it.  Can anyone offer some advice about overcoming a write conflict issue?
    If you need more information, I will be happy to try answer them in order to get a solution

Cheers

• barry.nielson - Monday, August 20, 2018 5:31 PM

Hi all,
    So this is a particularly confusing error, and I cannot figure it out. This issue only occurs on some tables and not others.
    I have imported a table from access BE into SQL.  This table has a PK in the ID field.
    Once linked, I can enter a new record in the table.  I click off the record and no problems.  I click back into the record and try to modify it.  When I click out of the record again (or attempt to save it, I receive a write conflict warning)  There is nobody else in the record.  So I don't understand it at all.  
    Some other info
    1. Some other records in the table permit changes.  So it's just some records, not all. New records seem to cause the write conflict
    3. I have read that Bit fields cause problems, but I have table that have a ton of bit fields and there is no problem.

This seems to be a complex issue and no way of knowing how to resolve it.  Can anyone offer some advice about overcoming a write conflict issue?
    If you need more information, I will be happy to try answer them in order to get a solution

Cheers

I thought the bit field issue is when you have nulls. Are all of your bit data types in the tables set to 0 or 1? Is the default set to 0 or 1?

Sue

• barry.nielson - Monday, August 20, 2018 5:31 PM

Hi all,
    Some other info

Cheers

Not an expert in this subject, but quick search landed me to this Link. Worth giving a try.

• Thanks all who responded.
    Unfortunately, there is a requirement for the Bit fields to be null as the default. However, I modified the fields to [Smallint] and that seemed to have resolved the issue. 
    My tables are now correctly working.
    Thanks again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply