Working with Dialling Systems

• I know this is probably a little left field, so to speak, but anyone administer dialler systems on SQL 2008 / SQL 2008 R2?

thanks

[font="Comic Sans MS"]The GrumpyOldDBA[/font]
    www.grumpyolddba.co.uk
    http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/grumpyolddba/

• colin.Leversuch-Roberts (1/17/2012)

I know this is probably a little left field, so to speak, but anyone administer dialler systems on SQL 2008 / SQL 2008 R2?

thanks

Not sure exactly what you are referring to, but my company hosts phone numbers, call routing, and internal dnis's... You could say we do voice and OCS hosting.

Jared
    CE - Microsoft

• A client has bought a phone dialling system which uses sql server - this is a system which works through phone lists calling people up and as the calls connect puts them through to a call centre staff member. Just looking to see if any DBAs support such systems so we could possibly compare experiences/notes.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]The GrumpyOldDBA[/font]
    www.grumpyolddba.co.uk
    http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/grumpyolddba/

• Hmm... Well we don't dial out through lists. However, we do dial out for services. For example, if you call a certain insurance company to get a tow, the call will come into our platform, you will go through menus and enter in information, then we will dial out to a tower and connect you to them. That's one example.

Jared
    CE - Microsoft

• I use to do a bit with an Avaya dialer system that sat on Oracle but my interaction was limited to simple queries. Those are $1M systems and the Avaya software handled all database management so there wasn't much to do. Would be curious what system it is you're using that sits on SQL Server.

We use Cisco dialers at my current company and those use SQL Server but I haven't had much to do with all that besides simple code reviews for my co-worker who handles all that.

└> bt

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply