WinSCP and SSH

• I am working on automation project where I will download files from vendor server. I am planning to use WinSCP in SSIS but they informed me that the password they will send us will expire every 120 days. Another option they gave me is SSH which will not expire. I have not used SSH before, I read about it and have some questions about it.

1. I will be needing a Private Key file. My guess is vendor will provide it, am I right?

2. Vendor will provide me username

3. Vendor will proivde me password for one time login so that I can get Host Key by logging into the vendor server.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

• 1. I will be needing a Private Key file. My guess is vendor will provide it, am I right?

: Yes, you will need a private key file.

2. Vendor will provide me username

: Yes, username is a must to login.

3. Vendor will proivde me password for one time login so that I can get Host Key by logging into the vendor server.

: If you have the private key file available then you don't need password to login. Required if the key file has all necessary permissions.

AP
  • Thanks Anshul.P for the reply.

Quick question about the private key, will I have to generate the Private Key or the vendor will provide it?

Thanks.

• The vendor will provide you the private key file.

Cheers.

A

AP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply