Windows Failover Cluster

• Hi All,

I have an SQL 2016 AlwaysOn AG setup. There are 3 nodes in total (2 on prem, 1 in Azure) and a FSW in another DC. We had some network communication issues this weekend and the FSW went offline but eventually came back online. Since then, we have gotten an alert from Veeam indicating that it was not able to communicate with the Windows Cluster on IP X.X.X.X. When I check the FCM Cluster Core Resources section, I do see that the IP Address is offline. I have checked Event Viewer and Cluster Events but nothing explains why the IP Address is offline. It only shows info on the FSW.

Is it safe to just bring it online? I only ask because I know there are certain things that you should not do in FCM when you have SQL AG's.

Thanks in advance.

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Hello,

I can't give you a definite answer as the setup I had was different to yours. If it helps I had the same issue on our cluster and brought the file share witness back online with no negative impact. Unfortunately I've never been able to find any Microsoft documentation on this issue.

Thanks

• Thanks for the reply. The FSW came back online itself. I figured the reason why the IP is offline is because when I setup the cluster originally, it was not multi-subnet. I added the second subnet in Azure as per Microsoft documentation about 3 months after the cluster was setup. There was never an issue until the past weekend where there was network connectivity issues.

The IP wont come online because I do not have an IP for the CNO in the Azure subnet.

Does anyone know if I add one (and add the OR dependency) to the CNO if it will cause any issues with the cluster or the SQL AG?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply