windows authentication resolving as wrong user

• We are experiencing something very bizarre with one of our developers. They connect to one of our servers through windows authentication (domain\username) with SSMS. They open a new query window. In the status bar at the bottom of the window, the connected user is displayed as the administrator account on the database server (server\adminacct). Sysprocesses show them as connecting as the wrong account as well, so it's not just a display issue.

When connecting to other database servers, there are no issues.

There are also no issues when they Remote Desktop into the server with windows authentication and run Management Studio with windows authentication.

We had the same issue several months ago with a different developer. Unfortunately no one can remember how it was fixed.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
    Rubes

• I'm kind of guessing here, but is it possible there's a mix-up in the UserIDs in the system tables?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• I thought about that. That doesn't appear to be the case. And if this developer logs into a different workstation, they can connect to the db server just fine.

Regards,
    Rubes

• It's gotta be something on that workstation, in that case. Not sure what it would be, but it might just be a matter of backing up local user files, and then reloading the workstation from a standard image.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Hi, I am having the exact same problem. Have you found a solution to this?

• Start monitoring the security event log of the server. Have the user log on to the SQL Server in question. What does the security event log say the Windows user is?

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• I finally managed to fix this issue. It appears that windows had the credentials cached. To clear the cache, open the command prompt and run the following command.

rundll32.exe keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr

Now remove the entry for your server from the popup window that comes up. All should be fine after this.

• Thanks! That did the trick.

Regards,
    Rubes

• Hi guys

How is there? I have seen about this topic that windows authentication resolving as wrong problem.nstall this component on any Windows server that might be involved in user authentication. ... machine, the user would be unmapped or map to the wrong user.This will result in the wrong user being listed in the Windows Print Queue. ... at the server side does not resolve the issue, and that Vista SP1 clients must

thanks

somon

-------------------

lit tiroir[/url]

http://www.litmatelas.com/lit-mezzanine-lit-tiroir.asp

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply