Windows administrator privileges on your own workstation-new management policy

• You're right. I knew it was spelled differently than the bird but I was too lazy to look it up.

• Lempster (7/3/2014)

That's a funny story, but just to point out, the term is 'pidgin' English, not 'pigeon'!

Regards

Lempster

Well I can go home now I have learnt something new.:-)

• "personality of a wolverine on double espresso"

I like that, I may steal it 🙂

All I can say on topic, is good luck!

• So what is important to your organisation - beating the completion or complying with process?

It sounds like you have a lot of managers who do not understand what is needed in order for the organisation to survive. If you were more senior you could have a useful conversation with the relevant managers about professionalism, risk analysis, and driving the business forward.

At your level, your best conversation might be with another company that can use your skills. If you want to stay where you are you face an ongoing struggle to get things done. The advice to log when you get delayed is good - managers understand delay. In the end you may never succeed in helping your management to make the business a success, with all the implications that has.

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply