Windows 7 + SQL Server 2K8 Expression edition

• Hi,

Can i install Windows 7 32 bit and SQL Server 2K8 Expression edition.

I tried intalling 2008 Expression edidtion,only the configuration tools are installing, there is no configuration manager in it i downloaded from Microsoft side but i am unable to install

Softwares which has been tried to install are:

SQLEXPR_x86_ENU

SQLEXPR32_x86_ENU

SQLServer2008SP1-KB968369-x86-ENU

SQLServer2008SP3-KB2546951-x86-ENU

but all the above install failes for me.

.Net frame work is not getting installed in Windows 7

dotnetfx35setup

File version:3.5.30729.1

Product version:3.5.30729.01

Thanks
    Parthi

• i would try installing .net 3.5 first before running the 2k8 express installer. im running windows 7 pro with 2k8R2 express installed just fine. works great for the little tasks and playing around i need to do with out having to mess with our dev box.

For faster help in answering any problems Please read How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help - Jeff Moden[/url] for the best way to ask your question.

For performance Issues see how we like them posted here: How to Post Performance Problems - Gail Shaw[/url]

Need to Split some strings? Jeff Moden's DelimitedSplit8K[/url]
    Jeff Moden's Cross tab and Pivots Part 1[/url]
    Jeff Moden's Cross tab and Pivots Part 2[/url]

• capn.hector (7/20/2012)

i would try installing .net 3.5 first before running the 2k8 express installer. im running windows 7 pro with 2k8R2 express installed just fine. works great for the little tasks and playing around i need to do with out having to mess with our dev box.

Hi,

Thanks for your replay.

Actually i am unable to install .Net 3.5,I tried to Run the exe but it is not getting open i tried with Run as administrator.

The below are the exe's i tried to install for SQL 2K8

SQLEXPR32_x86_ENU

SQLServer2008SP3-KB2546951-x86-ENU

All the exe's are downloaded from Mirosoft websites only.

Thanks
    Parthi

• Have you tried downloading the.net 3.5 stand alone installed not the Sql install

For faster help in answering any problems Please read How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help - Jeff Moden[/url] for the best way to ask your question.

For performance Issues see how we like them posted here: How to Post Performance Problems - Gail Shaw[/url]

Need to Split some strings? Jeff Moden's DelimitedSplit8K[/url]
    Jeff Moden's Cross tab and Pivots Part 1[/url]
    Jeff Moden's Cross tab and Pivots Part 2[/url]

• Hi,

I tried Installing installer but installer too not getting installed.

What is the best way to install 2k8 Expression edidtion on Windows 7

Any links where i can download the software and what are the steps i need to do before install

Thanks
    Parthi

• It's a windows 7 OS feature go inti control panel and turn features on/off

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• You can install sql server 2008 r2 express edition in windows7. There is no need to install dot net 3.5 SP1 for windows 7 as by default the OS supports the application utilizing dot net.

Just download these exe 's and install it.

SQLManagementStudio_x86_ENU.exe

SQLEXPR32_x86_ENU_2008.exe

SQLServer2005_BC.msi

Thanks,

Sathish.G

• I am able to do that before posting here,i failed so i came here to have some help.

Thanks
    Parthi

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply