Why can't I paste SQL code into a post???

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor - Friday, February 9, 2018 5:38 PM

Either way should work. I sometimes put the tags in, then the code. Sometimes the other way. Both seem to work, and occasionally, both fail miserably.

The entire editor changed with the  forum upgrade, so codes and formatting from pasting is different. We can't go back as that's a large change from this editor, plus it removes the ability to apply patches from the vendor.

I worked with the vendor on a lot during a week in late summer of 2017 on the editor problems, particularly on code formatting and paste-ability.  I've also heard of some planned upgrades that were put off.  Any idea what the latest plans are to address the editor issues?

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Jeff Moden - Tuesday, February 13, 2018 9:52 PM

I worked with the vendor on a lot during a week in late summer of 2017 on the editor problems, particularly on code formatting and paste-ability.  I've also heard of some planned upgrades that were put off.  Any idea what the latest plans are to address the editor issues?

We scheduled some of this, but put it off a bit for some other priorities (other departments). I'll check if we have put this back on the schedule.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor - Wednesday, February 14, 2018 11:13 AM

Jeff Moden - Tuesday, February 13, 2018 9:52 PM

We scheduled some of this, but put it off a bit for some other priorities (other departments). I'll check if we have put this back on the schedule.

Thanks, Steve.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply