Why are the table name different from 2000 v 2005 for ASPState DB

• I created both by running installsqlstate.sql, the aspnet_regsql

2000 tables all start with sys and 2005 are all aspnet_

When I ran InstallSQLState.sql in 2000 I got this error

If the category already exists, an error from msdb.dbo.sp_add_category is expected.

Server: Msg 14261, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_add_category, Line 32

The specified @name ('[Uncategorized (Local)]') already exists.

When I ran InstallSQLState.sql in 2005 I got this error

If the job does not exist, an error from msdb.dbo.sp_delete_job is expected.

If the category already exists, an error from msdb.dbo.sp_add_category is expected.

Msg 14261, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_add_category, Line 32

The specified @name ('[Uncategorized (Local)]') already exists.

• I'm not completely clear on what you're asking. But if what you're looking for is something that lists out the system tables in SQL 2000 or SQL 2005, they have different names.

Books Online has an article about it, on the differences between the 2000 system tables and the 2005 views.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• thanks for repling, but what I am asking is when I create the aspstate database in 2000 and 2005, the table structure is different. I created both with the same .exe aspnet_regsql.exe and same sql file installsqlstate.sql. Why is that and is that normal?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply