Who's on functionality?

• That seems to have changed substantially... Just curious if you were intending to "publish" not just who's online, but everything they've been doing for the last hour or so... 

At very least - perhaps dropping out the google.com activity (maybe with the anonymous ones as well), so as to keep the list manageable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• Matt,

We upgraded the forums to a new version of the software and a few things changed. I'll have to look into this. Not sure how much we can configure, but I'll see.

• I'm sure 3 Steves can make this right :P.

• This is definitily lower on the list. Not sure if where we'll add this. The main home page lists everyone online. Each forum shows people in that forum.

Activity could be an ugly query. Is there something you were looking for? If you click a person's name, you can get their last posts.

• Nothing I can't live without for a while. Just kind of an interesting view into the forum when I as a regular user can go check to see who has read my post, or - what Ninja (and I just picked him since he's been the busiest of us all it seems) has been up to within the last hour. Kind of turning big brother on its head.

It was more of a "wow - this could really get abused" rather than a "wow - I can't do something".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• That's interesting. I always wondered who used it. For me it's a gauge of how busy things are. But I tend to look for posts that have few replies to help out when I can and rarely look to see who's viewing a particular post.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply