Who owns an SSIS package

• I've looked all over but can't find any information on who owns an SSIS package. My last day at my current job is tomorrow and I don't want the SSIS packages to fail after they delete my account.

Thanks for your help!

• Hi, basically if you want all the packages that you have created to be reused and deployed, you can basically save the package to a central hub(if your company has one; this is where everyone share the drive) If you want to precisely give them the ease to deploy it by just double clicking the project icon, go to your solution explorer, the right click, select properties and then change the deployment utilities from false to true. Then just save the package on the central drive(If you want you can try it on your desktop first). Now the SSIS package belongs to everybody. Hope this helps!

[font="TimesNewRoman"] โ€œI haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't workโ€........Thomas Alva Edison[/font]

• That is awfully nice of you to care what happens after you leave.

Nobody owns an SSIS package. You may own Agent Jobs that run them. If you saves the packages with the excrypt sensitive (or all) with user key, they may have a bit of trouble opening and editing them later, but that is usually not a big problem.

I think you are safe to go on to your new job.

If they do have a problem and call you, make sure you charge $200 per hour in 4 hour increments.

• Thanks so much, Michael. I'll definitely take your advice on the hourly rate! ๐Ÿ™‚ It's the people who are left behind having to do too much in too little time that I care about...

I'm glad to have verification that no one ones a package. It's what I thought but wanted to know for sure.

Thanks a bunch!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply