Who Inspires You?

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Who Inspires You?

• I'm inspired by one of my colleagues who works within our network team. There's no question ON eg SQL or PHP that I've asked him that he can't answer and he's a total inspiration and reliable person to assist with issues. I owe him a lot for his encouragement and expertise.

• I was inspired by Dr Richard Mitchell at the University of Brighton when I studied there (it was called something different then). He was interested in developing quality, maintainable software through the application of appropriate advances in methodologies, tooling and software engineering principles. There were other lecturers too.

I have been driven as much, in a contrary manner, by the masses of people who think that cobbling together some rubbish is acceptable. This drive is fed by my total disagreement with their central belief that "it will do". I believe in pragmatism but there must be a reasonable attempt to deliver something of quality.

From my point of view, some people are inspirations yet others inspire me to do better than they do.

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!

• I agree - my main inspirer, however, is a class act. These people are probably far and few between.

• The person that most inspired me has passed away. I think of her a couple of time a year, though, and am still inspired.

I once inpsired a person to make a career choice away from I.T. He is doing well as a pediatrition and makes trips to 3rd world countries to help them.

I'm not sure I inspired his charitable work, but, I think he made the right career decision.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply