Which version of SQL 2012

• How can I tell which version that I have of SQL 2012? I need to reinstall the Data Tools becuase the VS 2010 Shell keeps crashing on launch. But I have two 2012 disc - Standard and Enterprise.

This is the About page.

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio11.0.2100.60

Microsoft Analysis Services Client Tools11.0.2100.60

Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC)6.0.6002.18005

Microsoft MSXML3.0 6.0

Microsoft Internet Explorer7.0.6002.18005

Microsoft .NET Framework4.0.30319.1008

Operating System6.0.6002

• Right-click on the server name in Management Studio and choose Properties.

John

• I don't think the data tools have different versions for Standard and Enterprise, and there's no licensing issues for tools as far as I'm aware...

• Properties -> Stock Keeping Unit name -> Enterprise Edition. thanks

Ok, I would like to uninstall data tools and reinstall. Right now VS 2010 shell launches. (There is not another VS on the machine). When I look at Programs to uninstall I see the following

++ 6 MS VS C++ redistributables

++ MS VS Shell integrated

++ MS VS Shell isolated

++ MS VS Tools for design

++ MS VS Tools x64 runtime

++ MS VS Tools x86 runtime

++ VS 2010 prerequisties

Which ones should i uninstall to reinstall the Data Tools? Right now I cannot reinstall because it is already checked.

• http://sqlserverbuilds.blogspot.com/

gives all the details just click the above link. That gives all the details of SQL versions....

• bgrossnickle (8/14/2013)

Properties -> Stock Keeping Unit name -> Enterprise Edition. thanks

Ok, I would like to uninstall data tools and reinstall. Right now VS 2010 shell launches. (There is not another VS on the machine). When I look at Programs to uninstall I see the following

++ 6 MS VS C++ redistributables

++ MS VS Shell integrated

++ MS VS Shell isolated

++ MS VS Tools for design

++ MS VS Tools x64 runtime

++ MS VS Tools x86 runtime

++ VS 2010 prerequisties

Which ones should i uninstall to reinstall the Data Tools? Right now I cannot reinstall because it is already checked.

I haven't done this often myself (if ever), but I think the way to do it is to run the SQL Server setup program and use it to remove the components you don't want.

John

• Spent all day yesterday trying to get SQL Data Tools to work. Actually, I cannot even remember every thing that I did. But from the SQL Installer, Data Tools is already checked and not enabled, so you cannot remove it. I did an uninstall of SQL (found a paper by microsoft on how to uninstall SQL) and it left VS 2010 Shell which is the very thing i was trying to get rid of. Then manually (Add Remove Programs) uninstalled the VS components listed below, but SQL must have needed some of them because then SQL would not wor, so then I had to do a repair on SQL (which i had already done before starting this whole adventure). Went to hell and back and it is still now working. Found SQL 2012 on another virtual machine and am moving on. John, thanks for the reply.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply