WhereScape experience

• Hi Guys,

Is anyone has experience in WhereScape?

Thanks!

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Yes I have used Wherescape in my  previous place - kind of have mixed feelings about it. Basically you use GUI to create procedures / ETL process/ run jobs  and can  bring data in data warehouse  fairly quickly - it works well for smaller datasets or if the team is relatively new to SQL. I felt that  I can do  what it does using SQL / SSIS anyways with greater flexibility but I had colleagues who preferred using the tool . Sorry not being very helpful I guess - if you have any specific question let me know.

Thanks

• Thanks for your reply. I just started using this ETL tool. I am wondering is it possible to pull the daily report for audit. How many records we received in the source, and how many we loaded through load table/stage and ds? Want to use this report for auditing purpose.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• It does have a bunch of meta data and audit tables that stores this data including any failures etc. so you can use those to build a report.You will find them on the server where Wherescape is installed  - it will have a database with all the audit tables

Never explored if it has any in-build reporting feature

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply