Where to store table with global Active Directory data

• Hello,

I need to create a table which stores active directory employee name and email.

As this data is required in 5 seperate db's on my server my quesitons is: where is the best place to put this table?

It will be filled daily from a small .NET program.

As this will be a parmanent table my understanding is that it should not go in tempdb. Should I create another database called

ADData and then put the table in there, and then call it from the other databases.

I guess I'm looking for a "best practice" when you have a lookup table that will be used my many DB's on where is should reside.

Thanks,

Tim.

• I suppose you could say does it really matter? its all down to how you decide your data is to be structured. I have many databases on 1 instance and for each i have maintenance scripts and tables to log audit data for this I created a sperate database called Maintenance however, it would not have mattered to me if i added it to one of the other databases there would be no impact for me.

Are you the DBA? if not bet to speak to your DBA and ask them where to put it

***The first step is always the hardest *******

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply