Where is the physical folder of filestream

• Hi Guys,

I have set up filestream and created a file table to store documents on the filesystem.

When I go to "Explore FileTable directory" I get the following Share:

\\Servername\mssqlserver\DBDocuments\Documents

Can anyone tell me how to get to that folder without using the share, I need to assign permissions to the folder but I have no idea where to find it.

• Go to a command prompt on the server (or use xp_ cmdshell) and type [font="Courier New"]net share[/font].

John

• From xp_cmdshell I get access denied. and from cmd I get:

MSSQLSERVER \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\RsFx0320\<localmachine>\MSSQLSERVER

SQL Server FILESTREAM share

• What does this return?

[font="Courier New"]select name, physical_name from sys.database_files where type_desc = 'FILESTREAM';[/font]

• So that shows my a directory that I created originally to insert documents via a stored proc, using the open rowset with single blob, and I know where this directory is. I need to know where the file table directory is. When I click explore file table directory it takes me to a share, and I need to know the location of the share, so that I can assign permissions to other users. At this point I am not sure if there is a physical location for it though. I think however the website will use my stored proc to insert the data rather than actually copying the physical file to the directory.

• crazy_new - Tuesday, January 10, 2017 5:48 AM

From xp_cmdshell I get access denied. and from cmd I get:MSSQLSERVER \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\RsFx0320\<localmachine>\MSSQLSERVER SQL Server FILESTREAM share

Please post the exact output, preferably using a mono-spaced font such as Courier New so that we can see where the column boundaries lie.  Are the "?" and "<localmachine>" part of the actual output, or are they placeholders that you've substituted in?

John

• That is the exact output from the cmd.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply