Where are you?

• Brandie Tarvin (1/21/2011)

crookj (1/21/2011)

Brandie Tarvin (1/21/2011)

Markus Summer (1/21/2011)

Austria, Central Europa

Hey, Markus! I spent a summer in Thalgau, Salzberg once. Where are you?

Did you go see the Hills where Julie Andrews sang the Sound of Music? BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Went there in the 80s.

Joe

From what I understand, the actual movie was filmed in California the Rocky Mountains. Which doesn't stop a booming tourism industry in Austria.

But yes, I've see that area of the country. Absolutely beautiful. There was very little country in Austria that I didn't find beautiful. But I'm partial to Thalgau and the city of Salzberg, personally. Vienna was nice, but I only got to see it for a day or two. I have a desperate need to go back for a nice vacation, but I have to brush up on my German.

Actually, the movie was filmed on location in Austria. That is one of the main reasons I still love it. Location films look the best.

But we don't get many film locations here in Kansas City, Missouri. And it's hard to beat the BBQ! πŸ™‚

Peter Trast
    Microsoft Certified ...(insert many literal strings here)
    Microsoft Design Architect with Alexander Open Systems

• SQLDCH (1/19/2011)

kevlray, I bet I'm the only one on the thread to know where Oakhurst and Coarsegold Ca. are. My relatives have lived up there for 35+ years. I bet we know some of the same people =)

Good possibility. Me and my wife went to Mountain Christain Center for a number of years. I knew most of the cashiers at Raleys at one time. The best man at my wedding was Yosemite High's autoshop teacher (I have not talked to him for years, do not know how he is doing). I worked for Sierra On-Line for a number of years.

• I remember when Sierra OnLine came to be, Oakhurst was so much smaller then...we used to think it was a video game shop.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH

Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • Getting quiet here again. Let's toss out another geography-related topic here . . .

Hypothetical: you just won an all-expenses-paid trip to anywhere in the world. Where do you go?

Some ground rules:

• You are NOT allowed to pick a place within your country of either citizenship or residence.
    • If you are a US citizen or resident, you are also NOT allowed to pick Canada (and vice versa).
    • You ARE, however, allowed to pick one of your country's territories (for example, if you're a US citizen, you are allowed to pick Puerto Rico, Guam, etc.)
    • You are also allowed to pick your country of ancestry (so long as it doesn't conflict with the first bullet point above)
    • You ARE allowed to pick multiple places.
    • Health and safety are not issues; you can pick a war zone if you want

I posted this to my Facebook last week, and got some interesting responses! Let's see what we get! :discuss:

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• I would make a road trip starting from the most southest point in South-America all the way to Canada.

It would be a very long trip πŸ™‚

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Europe and Asia Minor.

Egypt has always been on my list, too, but I'd be postponing that trip until things calmed down.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• The moon.

• I would like to go back to Korea. Haven't been there since the mid 70s and boy has it changed! I would also like to go see the landscap of New Zealand. It was GREAT in the Lord of the Rings. Would love to see if in real life!!!

Joe

• SQLDCH (2/4/2011)

The moon.

DUDE! I forgot people can pay to get private trips into outer space. I would SO do that!

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin (2/4/2011)

DUDE! I forgot people can pay to get private trips into outer space. I would SO do that!

There's a slight difference between a paid trip into outer space and a paid trip to the moon... πŸ˜›

• paul.knibbs (2/4/2011)

Brandie Tarvin (2/4/2011)

There's a slight difference between a paid trip into outer space and a paid trip to the moon... πŸ˜›

and there is a difference between outer space and the sub-orbital flights that will be offered, still would be amazing though,

aside from space the places I have always wanted to visit are Texas and Mexico

• I've always wanted to buy some land on the moon on the slight chance that it's legit. I could see my descendants saying something like: "great great great grandpa Dan was a genius...when everyone was telling him he was crazy, he bought 1000 acres on the moon before it was even colonized, now it's worth gajillions!"

• New Jersey, USA

• England, each new millenium, going back about 100,000 years.

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• Australia and New Zealand.

John Rowan

======================================================
    ======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 490 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply