Where are you?

• ColdCoffee (4/24/2010)

Nice thread, imho!!

Me born in , une fois par le territoire français (once a french territory) PONDICHERRY, in INDIA! 😉

And now working in chennai (again in INDIA) for one among the top 3 IT companies in India!! 🙂

Have anyone been here, to pondy ??

For a couple of years I was spending a quarter of my time in Chennai. J'avais l'intention do passer un fin de semaine en Pondi, mais ça a raté - I didn't make it there, always too much to do closer to Chennai.

Tom

• Tom.Thomson (4/24/2010)

ColdCoffee (4/24/2010)

Nice thread, imho!!

Me born in , une fois par le territoire français (once a french territory) PONDICHERRY, in INDIA! 😉

And now working in chennai (again in INDIA) for one among the top 3 IT companies in India!! 🙂

For a couple of years I was spending a quarter of my time in Chennai. J'avais l'intention do passer un fin de semaine en Pondi, mais ça a raté - I didn't make it there, always too much to do closer to Chennai.

Wow, thats awesome!! hmmm, you could have made a visit to the tiny but yet beautiful city, sir.. it would have been worth the travel.. the french structures, the peoples, the shores... awesome 🙂

• Tom.Thomson (4/24/2010)

ColdCoffee (4/24/2010)

Nice thread, imho!!

And i love the way u said "Pondi" for pondicherry.. sooper 🙂

• ColdCoffee (4/24/2010)

Nice thread, imho!!

i am from north india but i been there last year such a nice place . i loiked there simplicity and dignity of people . well just curious in which company you are working ?

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• Bhuvnesh (4/24/2010)

i feel that still some members didnt share their nationality with us.

Okay, if you insist! 😀

Korean-American -- born to Korean parents in Buffalo, NY, USA.

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• I live and work in Detroit metro area, Michigan.

--Vadim R.

• Chandler, Arizona

by way of:

Mt. Lebanon, Pennsylvania (20 years)

Iraklion AS, Crete, Greece (1 1/2 yr)

Misawa AB, Japan (1 1/2 yr)

Osan AB, S. Korea (1 yr)

Wheeler AB, Oahu, Hawaii (3 years)

Ft. Meade, Maryland (7 years)

New Market, UK (2 years)

Glen Burnie, Maryland (8 years)

Mesa, Arizona (1 year)

and that doesn't count the places where I lived for less than a year. 😀

-SQLBill

• Sacramento, California. Yes, it's sunny here and we all like to surf. Oh yeah, and everyone smokes pot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH

Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • Albany NY, by way of Chicago, Los Angeles, and Miami.

Any Albany area folks interested in starting a SS user group?

• Dan H. (4/26/2010)

Sacramento, California. Yes, it's sunny here and we all like to surf. Oh yeah, and everyone smokes pot.

Dan, I urge you to put that pistole down! Please! 😀

Lutz
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

How to get fast answers to your question[/url]
    How to post performance related questions[/url]
    Links for Tally Table [/url] , Cross Tabs [/url] and Dynamic Cross Tabs [/url], Delimited Split Function[/url]

• "This is not 'Nam, this is bowling....there are rules." - Walter Sobchak

Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH

Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • Dan H. (4/26/2010)

"This is not 'Nam, this is bowling....there are rules." - Walter Sobchak

You folks down in CA have a weird understanding of bowling... Do you at least use ten pins as targets? What type of (legal) weapon do you need for a strike?

Lutz
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

How to get fast answers to your question[/url]
    How to post performance related questions[/url]
    Links for Tally Table [/url] , Cross Tabs [/url] and Dynamic Cross Tabs [/url], Delimited Split Function[/url]

• dbowlin (4/26/2010)

Albany NY, by way of Chicago, Los Angeles, and Miami.

Well, Dan, there seems to be two of us so far! 🙂

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• There are probably several folks in Albany that don't frequent this group, so don't allow lack of replies to this thread to deter you from starting a local users group.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Ray K (4/26/2010)

dbowlin (4/26/2010)

Albany NY, by way of Chicago, Los Angeles, and Miami.

Well, Dan, there seems to be two of us so far! 🙂

I met 2 others at the SQL Saturday down in NYC last weekend. Not quite a user group yet. I will keep working on it.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 490 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply