When clicking View Report automatically redirect

• We have 1 report that has such specific formatting that we need to utilize Crystal Reports. I also have an ssrs version of the report for those that don't need printing. What I'd love to do is have the user type in the parameter and click View Report through ssrs. Then have the report automatically go to the URL of the crystal report...Is this possible?

• Nada??

• checkai (3/24/2010)

We have 1 report that has such specific formatting that we need to utilize Crystal Reports. I also have an ssrs version of the report for those that don't need printing. What I'd love to do is have the user type in the parameter and click View Report through ssrs. Then have the report automatically go to the URL of the crystal report...Is this possible?

You have to write code in the Web ReportViewer control because you are looking for a redirect to another application which means Response.Redirect is required. In SSRS 2008 you must deploy with the ReportViewer because if you cannot access the http response object you cannot access another application which is Crystal report. You should also know you have to run the control in remote mode.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• We have the same report within SSRS just not with perfect formatting. I'm wondering if I could execute the AddExecutionLogEntry stored procedure within the stored proc of the Crystal Report for tracking purposes. If we could track it appropriately, we could ignore my redirect needs.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply