WhatsUp Gold Monitoring Software Question / Sql Service starting itself?

• Hi,

I was wondering if anyone that has knowledge, or uses WhatsUp Gold, could answer this question for me. I am trying to track down the reason why a handful of our boxes are having SQL Service automatically restart after a reboot. The service, as well as Sql Agent, are set to Manual, but the SQL Service always comes back on by itself somehow (while the Agent stays off).

I know we use WhatsUp Gold on these boxes and have read conflicting reports as to whether or not it has the ability to automatically restart a service if it is detected as down.

The SQL Service has no other dependencies that I can see and I am at a loss to determine how this could be happening.

If I set the service to to Disabled, then reboot, everything is fine and it doesn't start itself. But once I switch it back to Manual, about 1 minute later, it will start itself back up.

If I reboot a box that I know for sure that WhatsUP gold is not monitoring, everything comes back up as expected with no issues.

Any insight or tips or ideas on how to troubleshoot this issue would be highly appreciated.

• I didnt use this Whatsup Gold Network Management Tool but it have a application monitoring module,I can say if you disabled the service this tool check the service after some interval when you remove disable tag from the service as started manual then this tool start the service , you can check from the management or configuration of this tool to exclude the sql server service

Is this Cluster Instance ?

Regards,
    Syed Jahanzaib Bin Hassan
    BSCS | MCTS | MCITP | OCA | OCP | OCE | SCJP | IBMCDBA

My Blog
    www.aureus-salah.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply