What's Today?

• I got a really strange error:

"Your selection was rejected due to an unfiled 1058EZ-TQR form. Please consult with your tax professional within five days, or result in fines and penalties, up to and including impound of your dog, black helicopters descending on your place of residence, and rubber gloves."

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• I thought it might be a trick question since taxes aren't due this year until April 18th - but picked it anyway. πŸ™‚

• Horrible!!!

This is sql server forum for people all over the world...

How can u ask questions related to US....????

Wat abt the people outside states??

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• Today is also the day that the Titanic sank and President Abraham Lincoln died.

Doh!! Someone beat me to it!

• jcrawf02 (4/15/2011)

I got a really strange error:

"Your selection was rejected due to an unfiled 1058EZ-TQR form. Please consult with your tax professional within five days, or result in fines and penalties, up to and including impound of your dog, black helicopters descending on your place of residence, and rubber gloves."

Nice.

• JestersGrind (4/15/2011)

Today is also the day that the Titanic sank and President Abraham Lincoln died.

Doh!! Someone beat me to it!

I wanted something of our history but found nothing really important.

We had our tax date on All fools day two weeks ago.

See, understand, learn, try, use efficient
    Β© Dr.Plch

• UMG Developer (4/14/2011)

Of course it isn't this year, taxes are due on April 18th...

From: http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=233910,00.html

Taxpayers will have until Monday, April 18 to file their 2010 tax returns and pay any tax due because Emancipation Day, a holiday observed in the District of Columbia, falls this year on Friday, April 15. By law, District of Columbia holidays impact tax deadlines in the same way that federal holidays do; therefore, all taxpayers will have three extra days to file this year. Taxpayers requesting an extension will have until Oct. 17 to file their 2010 tax returns

Darn special holidays....

Beat me to it... I was going to say exactly that. πŸ™‚

--Mark Tassin
    MCITP - SQL Server DBA
    Proud member of the Anti-RBAR alliance.
    For help with Performance click this link[/url]
    For tips on how to post your problems[/url]

• SKYBVI (4/15/2011)

Horrible!!!

Do they really matter? πŸ˜›

--Mark Tassin
    MCITP - SQL Server DBA
    Proud member of the Anti-RBAR alliance.
    For help with Performance click this link[/url]
    For tips on how to post your problems[/url]

• SKYBVI (4/15/2011)

Horrible!!!

If you've read the editorial, the question was easy as hell...

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• As you’re likely aware, income taxes are due on April 15th of each year. If April 15th happens to fall on a weekend or a federal holiday, then the filing deadline is pushed back to the next business day.

This year, however, April 15th falls on a Friday – a day which is neither a weekend, nor a federal holiday – and yet your income taxes are not due on that day. Instead, the filing deadline is April 18, 2011.

As it turns out, Washington, D.C. will be celebrating Emancipation Day on April 15th, 2011 – a day earlier than the usual 16th because that’s a Saturday.

• 18th is tax day this year

• UMG Developer (4/14/2011)

Taxpayers will have until Monday, April 18 to file their 2010 tax returns and pay any tax due because Emancipation Day, a holiday observed in the District of Columbia, falls this year on Friday, April 15. By law, District of Columbia holidays impact tax deadlines in the same way that federal holidays do; therefore, all taxpayers will have three extra days to file this year. Taxpayers requesting an extension will have until Oct. 17 to file their 2010 tax returns

I was going to bring that up. I wonder if we will have the same question on the 18th.

Holiday? Not really. More of a pain for most Americans and particularly this year since the government is in a standoff.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• They're not due until 4/18 this year.

• Today is not tax day. That would be Monday April 18th.

• mtassin (4/15/2011)

UMG Developer (4/14/2011)

Beat me to it... I was going to say exactly that. πŸ™‚

If we are talking major events in history we must not forget that April 15th 1738 the Bottle opener was invented. frackly I am shocked that was not on the list. :hehe:

Dan

If only I could snap my figures and have all the correct indexes apear and the buffer clean and.... Start day dream here.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply