What''s it -- the encrypted code under job steps ...

• Hi everyone,

When I schedule a package and if I go to that job and click on the step tab, I see an encrypted line of code under the step tab? What's it? Is it the encrypted name of the package or something else?  The encrypted code shows something like this:

DTSRun /~Z0xC1D18FA0EA163D874C248D8182CF2F09E3BFFBABC5FB686EE02BEED87EDBEF45C0303B50C7915BCC5FBCD85C9C4F65525DF3053260A619869AA3BD40D324541C9FDC285CB9D603EF07789FDDDC1D5BB4E3DB69286DF1357B1BDFDA

If this encrypted line of code is the name of the package that I've just scheduled, can I copy this code and put in a differrent job so that when this different job executes, it will call the package that I scheduled above as well?

Thank you for your help.

• Do not use this encrypted version. You will find that if you modify the package it will not work.

I am sure that the encryption refers to the version when you scheduled it.

Instead use:

dtsrun /S servername /U username /P password /N packagename

------------------------------
    The Users are always right - when I'm not wrong!

• Somebody,

If you want to add package execution to an existing job, run the DTSRUNUI utility and copy the generated DTSRUN command into a new step in the job.  You can choose to encrypt it or leave it in plain text.

Greg

Greg

• Jonathan Stokes,

I don't know why when I use dtsrun /S servername /U username /P password /N packagename, I got an error like : "DTSRun:  Cannot create COM Server to load and execute DTS Package.  Error -2147221008 (800401F0):  CoInitialize has not been called". So I have to trick it by adding the enrypted line of code that I mentioned above to my steps.

Greg,

How do you run DTSRUNUI utility? Would you mind please give me some more instructions on how to do this?

Thanks!

• There is nothing to the dtsrun utility other than that I wrote.

However, if you are passing paramaters for variables then you need to add that in:

/A "VariableNameString":"8"="a Value for the string"

I think that you need to have sql server enterprise manager on the pc that you run the command line from and permissions to access the machine at operating system level.

------------------------------
    The Users are always right - when I'm not wrong!

• DTSRUNUI can be typed at a CMD prompt or directly into the "run" command from the Windows start menu.

It will pop a form that allows you to enter server, login, and other package information.  Once all that is entered, you can have it generate a DTSRun command line that can be copied and pasted.  There's also a help button, but there's not much in there.

jg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply